Associate Product Development Scientist
At Apeel, we look to nature to help the global food system extend quality, prevent waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
About This Role
We’re seeking a highly motivated and creative Associate Field Scientist to execute trials at various packing houses across North and South America to help facilitate the continued growth of Apeel’s produce supply base. You will be responsible for developing, testing and validating our formulations on fresh produce that are currently in a pre-trial phase. You will work cross-functionally with Materials R&D, Product Quality, Operations, and Supplier Relations teams to successfully demonstrate Apeel’s technologies to potential partners.
This role will ideally be based in the Bajio region of Mexico and may require up to a 50% travel percentage (domestic and international) with assignments lasting up to 3 months at a time.
What You’ll Do
- Execute trials at customer facilities in Central Mexico
- Collect and analyze data from trials
- Prepare reports for presentation to internal and external parties
- Collect and analyze data for tests of produce that are currently in a pre-trial phase
What You Bring
- BS (Lic.) in Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, or a related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) field
- 2+ years of formal research experience in a STEM field
- Demonstrated organizational ability and high attention to detail
- Ability to perform indoor and outdoor work in cold or hot environments, and the ability to lift and move boxes of fruit (up to 40 lbs)
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Demonstrated effective written and/or verbal communication in various technical fields
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.