Associate Process Engineer
At Apeel, we look to nature to help the global food system extend quality, prevent waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
About this Role
We are looking for an Associate Process Engineer to join Apeel’s growing Process Engineering Team. In this role, you will be involved in assessing the shelf life extension with Apeel coating in different products in the north of Peru. The Associate Process Engineer will be responsible for reporting the evaluation of the fruit quality from the different trials and Apeel performance.
This position will report to the Process Engineer II and will be based in Trujillo, Peru. However, traveling to other cities will be required occasionally and up to 40%. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What You’ll Do
- Shelf life assessment in different fruit quality (internal and external quality), firmness, and dehydration
- Support during industrial trials and commercial operations
- Track and analyze metrics to write a report or presentation.
- Assist in laboratory installment and calibration of equipments
- Perform literature review in produce and new technologies.
What You Bring
- Bachelor in Food science, Agronomy, Food Engineering or related careers.
- + 6 months of experience in the field and or post harvest companies
- +1 year experience in food manufacturing in Quality or Product development
- Experienced with Microsoft office tools
- Proficiency in English and Spanish
- Presentation skills and critical thinking
- Must posses driver’s license and access to personal vehicle
- Able to lift up to 12 kg
- Knowledge of asparagus, avocados, blueberries and citrus fruits.
- Experience with sampling and product inspection (raw material and finished product)
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have any need for accommodations, you can let us know if you choose and know that we will do our best to assist you.