Warehouse & Facility Manager
At Apeel, we look to nature to help the global food system extend quality, prevent waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. We are seeking an all-round energetic and driven Warehouse & Facility Manager who will oversee the receipt, and storage of all incoming goods (food-related as well as all other components) and organize shipments of goods to our facilities across Europe. Next to this, the person proactively executes all aspects related to facility management; including but not limited to; facilities planning, building maintenance, manufacturing activities, safety, certifications, and receiving guests.
[This opportunity will be based onsite in our Netherlands office located in De Lier, South Holland]
What You’ll Do
- Own and drive compliance to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) associated with materials receiving, shipping, and handling of direct food products and/or all other materials;
- Maintain inventory transactional integrity in the company systems;
- Manage all of the outgoing shipments from customer sites, and conferences and ensure goods arrive in outstanding conditions;
- Manage periodic cycle counts to maintain inventory integrity and valuation;
- Pro-actively communicate with Purchase, Finance, and Operations and align closely for resolutions;
- Working with our property contractors to ensure that the facility is meeting GMP and Food Safety Requirements (GMP, NVWA);
- Be proactive when it comes to maintaining the facility's cleanliness, climate control (HVAC systems), landscaping (garden), parking lot, security aspects, waste disposal, the general appearance of the building
- Coordinating -and possibly being able to carry out small repairs, and improvements to equipment, plumbing, and laboratory needs
What You Bring:
- 3 years of inventory management in a food-related or other regulated or manufacturing environment e.g.; pharmaceutical;
- Strong organizational skills with attention to inventory accuracy and details;
- Ability to set up a functional warehouse including managing and driving the ERP system (affinity with automated processes is preferred);
- Being able to work in a smaller cross-functional team to coordinate and support various demands;
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills to draft new processes and coordinate implementation
- Being able to represent our company to visitors, ability to communicate with (food) authorities;
- Good English and Dutch proficiency is required
- Experience with supply chain ERP systems is required
- Ability to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally
- Certification for handling various warehouse equipment is required (eg: Heftruck)
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have any need for accommodations, you can let us know if you choose and know that we will do our best to assist you.