Sales and Marketing Lead, Target
Back to the Roots
Back to the Roots is a fast-growing Company that sells organic, sustainable garden products headquartered in Oakland California. We are looking for a highly motivated and organized Retail Sales professional to join our dynamic team.
In this role, you will play a crucial role in supporting the Sales Director to ensure best-in-class strategy creation, execution, and customer relationship to ultimately drive growth for the account. There will be an opportunity to step into the account lead role and be the main point on the Target business to focus on personal growth and development.
- Perform a range of administrative tasks to support the Sales Director, including but not limited to customer support, marketing support, and analyzing sales reports.
- Meeting prep, PowerPoint deck building.
- Sample request management.
- Special projects as requested by the Sales Director.
- Support sales targets and key performance indicators (KPIs) for each national account.
- During leave of Sales Director, step into Account Lead role.
- Key point of contact between Customer and internal team, leading problem-solving efforts, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the national retail account(s), serving as the primary point of
- Develop a deep understanding of each account's business needs, goals, and challenges.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Operations, Broker Group, and Customer to ensure seamless execution of account strategies.
- Strategy Execution
- Communication of strategy with vendor and Sales Director
- Physically review all photos from merchandiser (1000s)
- Develop insights from photos to share and influence action needed
- Track spending to budget
Seed Excellence Lead:
- Complete item setup work efficiently and accurately in Target’s system
- Complete item updates as needed
Forecasting, Planning, & Market Insights:
- Collaborate with demand planning teams to accurately forecast product demand for assigned accounts.
- Monitor inventory levels and work with the Operations team to ensure products are available to meet customer demands.
- Develop and execute promotional and pricing strategies to maximize sales and profitability.
- Analysis of data to provide actionable insights to drive business.
- Conduct thorough market analysis to identify growth opportunities, product trends, and competitive landscapes.
- Identify opportunities for business expansion within existing accounts and present innovative solutions to address their needs.
- Monitor market trends, competitor activities, and consumer preferences to anticipate changes and adjust strategies accordingly.
The ideal candidate is a proactive and results-driven individual with an understanding of retail trends, strong negotiation skills, and a proven track record of delivering exceptional results. This position requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field
- Experience in the Retail industry and/or consumer brands
- Strong leadership, negotiation skills, organization & time-management skills, and ability to manage complex
- In-depth knowledge of retail industry trends, market dynamics, and customer behaviors.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Analytical mindset with proficiency in data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare, retirement plans, and paid time off.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Professional development and growth opportunities within the organization.