About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
The Crop Accelerator allows for the rapid development of feed, food, and ingredients positioning farmers and food companies to grow and deliver products with the attributes consumers are looking for, including improved taste and nutrition. Our innovative facility with 20,000 SF of dynamically adaptive growth chambers can turn 2X the number of crop cycles compared to traditional field methods by providing 365 days of optimal growing conditions. Furthermore, Benson Hill’s CropOS technology coupled with the Crop Accelerator’s world-leading high-throughput phenotyping and automation capabilities enables predictive outcomes allowing us to develop varieties up to four years faster; essentially moving beyond the speed of biology.
We are actively seeking a seed technician who is a highly motivated individual to assist our Centralized Seed Handling (CSH) team. Work will primarily consist of general seed handling, processing and packaging. Moreover, technician will also thresh, discard and sample plants and clean facility and equipment as needed. Opportunity to lead a small continuous improvement project may be possible depending upon background, performance of routine tasks, desire, and initiative.
- Perform general seed processing and packaging tasks
- Assist in collecting timely data
- Assist in large scale sample collection and data organization
- Keep quality electronic data records
- Passion for agronomics, willing to learn and ready to take on challenges.
- Ability to work creatively and efficiently in a fast-paced, start-up company environment.
- High attention to detail, positive attitude, and works well within a cross function group of people.
- Demonstrates an adaptable, attentive and thorough work ethic.
- Excellent planning, organization, and execution skills.
(COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS)
- High School diploma and Associate or BS in Agricultural-related field
- Able to work 40 hrs per week; some overtime and weekend work will be required.
- Previous internship or seasonal work in an AgTech company preferred
- Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work Monday – Saturday with extended hours
- Attention to detail
- Travel during peak field season will be required