General Manager, Bioactives
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
- Develop a vision and roadmap with repeatable and scalable models for commercializing successful bioactives including revenue and profit targets, G&A, branded ingredient marketing, COGS and capex.
- Develop annual and long-range sales forecasts, and Operating Plans to support achievement of these sales targets through investments in compound discovery, ingredient development, translational and clinical research, process development and sales and marketing initiatives.
- Cultivate strategic relationships with best partners in food, beverage, nutrition, supplements and biopharma companies to establish the foundation for a strong bioactives business.
- Define target consumer segments, product forms and messages for each bioactive ingredient through sophisticated consumer insights capability and methods.
- Develop compelling, consumer-facing and B2B customer-facing product claims and messages that address key consumer segments and are consistent with demonstrated health benefit evidence, applicable regulations and Brightseed brand identity, supported by developed claim support.
- Provide leadership for scientific marketing campaigns to support bioactive sales including a Key Opinion Leader (KOL) strategy, presentations at high-profile medical conferences and development of content for Continuing Medical Education material for health practitioners, including dietitians.
- Investigate health benefit applications for our targeted health areas in mind, gut and metabolism to pursue clinical studies as indicated by knowledge of the mode-of-action and the results of preclinical studies.
- Develop the strategy and timeline for introduction of Brightseed bioactives to global markets, including prioritization of the regional markets informed by consumer insights, market size and regional regulatory considerations.
- Cultivate reference customers as well as a pipeline of potential customers for future bioactives products, both in the US and globally.
- Develop and lead achievement of product unit economic targets to determine pricing strategy and sales forecasts to achieve company revenue and margin goals.
- Build and provide leadership to a growing Bioactives team including medical and scientific affairs, product development, consumer insights, sales, supply chain and manufacturing.
- Lead the selection of subsequent bioactives products in Brightseed’s portfolio addressing our target health areas.
- In selected cases, advance In-licensing opportunity identification and recommendations of our bioactive discovery derivatives into pharmaceutical applications.
- Develop Brightseed manufacturing foundation, including quality assurance program across the supply chain, S&OP process, raw material and finished product specification, quality control and manufacturing team.
- Identify and recommend new bioactives strategic partnerships which expand portfolio, sales, distribution, manufacturing capabilities and could have cross functional synergies.
- Expand IP/patent portfolio covering branded ingredients through partnership with our Intellectual Property Counsel, CSTO, consistent with the establish IP strategy.
- Advanced degree in business or technical discipline.
- 20+ years’ experience taking value-added, innovative products to market in the ingredient, nutrition, dietary supplements, consumer pharma, or food and beverage industries.
- Proven leadership and builder of global multifaceted teams.
- Established track record of successfully launching novel products and exceeding revenue targets globally.
- Deep knowledge of the food and health industry players and dynamics.