Comminution Lab Operator
- Wash, Crush, Mix, Split and mill 20kg batches of feed rock.
- Operate a Jaw crusher, shatterbox, drum mill, planetary ball mill after training.
- Ability to wet and dry sieve material
- Milling of process materials
- Follow detailed established procedures using lab equipment to produce samples for optical microscopy and scanning electron microscope analysis.
- Thick and thin sections preparation for imaging characterization techniques
- Rock beneficiation
- Able to operate a magnetic separator after training
- Able to keep track of samples before and after the magnetic separation, including labeling and weighing samples
- Completion of high school or equivalent.
- Ability to operate mechanical (e.g., crushing, pressing) equipment after receiving job-specific training.
- Ability to wear a respirator for an extended period of time.
- Comfortable with basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to comfortably lift and move up to 50 pounds of materials without assistance with frequency.
- Strong commitment to work safety.
- Strong affinity for teamwork and interpersonal skills.