Field Operations Business Manager
Want to work for a mission driven company that digitally maps soil with machine learning to help sustainably produce food and reverse climate change? EarthOptics is a growing AgTech company developing tools that help farmers more sustainably manage their soil, increase yields and feed the growing world. We are seeking a Field Operations Business Manager to join our team. As a Field Operations Business Manager you will have people management and individual contributor responsibilities as you lead and manage the business analytics function along with multiple departments including scheduling, inventory, and asset/maintenance management. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the smooth operation of these areas, aligning them with the organization's goals and objectives. This role requires strategic thinking, strong leadership abilities, and the capacity to foster collaboration across departments.
A Day in the Life…
A day in the life of a Field Operations Business Manager is a dynamic blend of strategic leadership and hands-on management. They begin by refining inventory control processes, optimizing stock levels, and ensuring efficient asset utilization. Assist with budget management and resource allocation as they navigate financial targets. Armed with data-driven insights, they continuously improve operations through refined KPIs and metrics, all while providing mentorship, fostering collaboration, and ensuring compliance across departments. Serving as a link between analytics and operations, they communicate performance through reports, all while upholding safety standards and EarthOptics' cultural values. Their day exemplifies a commitment to operational excellence and a thriving, values-driven workplace.
We seek motivated individuals who are eager to gain new skills in a fast-paced environment, and work closely and collaboratively with a team. We are committed to building a diverse team of employees from various backgrounds, educational histories, and industries. We have a competitive compensation package including robust healthcare benefits, paid time off and meaningful equity options grants. Even if you do not meet all of the requirements below, we encourage you to apply - we’d love to hear from you! Learn more at www.EarthOptics.com.
To learn more about working at EarthOptics, visit: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/earthoptics
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Work Location: Remote
Compensation: "The anticipated base salary for this position is expected to be within this range: $60,200 to $110,000. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–EarthOptics uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process."
- Develop and implement inventory control processes, including forecasting, procurement, storage, and distribution, to optimize stock levels, minimize costs, and prevent out-of-stock or excess inventory.
- Create strategies for effective management and utilization of company assets, tracking and maintaining schedules to ensure optimal performance and extend asset lifespan.
- Prepare and manage budgets for inventory, asset, procurement, and maintenance departments, ensuring optimal allocation of resources and adherence to financial targets.
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) and performance metrics to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of inventory, asset, procurement, maintenance, and scheduling functions, regularly monitoring and analyzing data to identify areas for improvement.
- Provide guidance, support, and mentorship to departmental teams, ensuring effective communication, collaboration, and coordination across departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a point of contact for business analytics-related inquiries, providing guidance and support to internal stakeholders and fostering strong working relationships.
- Prepare regular reports, presentations, and updates on inventory, asset, procurement, maintenance, and scheduling performance for senior management, stakeholders, and other relevant parties.
- Ensure compliance with safety guidelines, company policies, and regulatory requirements, promoting a safe work environment.
- Practice and encourage the cultural concepts and values of EarthOptics: autonomy and accountability, recognition and respect, information and intent.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or a related field
- Previous supervisory experience and proven ability to motivate and manage distributed teams
- Proven experience in operations management with a strong knowledge of inventory management, asset tracking, procurement, and maintenance best practices.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate teams.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Solid understanding of financial management and budgeting principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to learn and use new technologies
- Proficient with Google Suite and Slack
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the continental United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or transfer visas at this time.
What would make you stand out:
- Previous roles such as Inventory Manager, Asset Manager, Operations Manager, Procurement Manager, or Supply Chain Manager
- Experience in budgeting, financial management, and resource allocation
- Candidates with a track record of implementing effective KPIs and performance metrics, as well as fostering cross-departmental collaboration
- Served as a liaison between analytical insights and operational execution, producing insightful reports for stakeholders
What we can offer:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance - 80% funded by EarthOptics for benefit-eligible employees and dependents
- Company paid LTD, STD and Life Insurance
- Meaningful equity option grants
- 401k Plan + Employer Match up to 4%
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development
- Referral Program
- Flexible Schedule & Hybrid/Remote Work Environment
EarthOptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, national origin, age, marital, parental, veteran or disability status.