Field Marketing Representative
Eat the Change
JUST ICE TEA-M CHANGE MAKER
At Eat The Change we believe in breaking down barriers and pushing boundaries, not just in our food and beverage choices but in our beliefs and actions. Eat the Change® is a Bethesda, MD based company created by activist entrepreneur and creator of Honest Tea, Seth Goldman and celebrity chef Spike Mendelsohn. Our mission is inspired by the fact that dietary choices represent our single biggest daily opportunity to make an environmental impact. We create chef-crafted, organic foods and beverages that are delicious, responsibly sourced, and kind to the planet. Join us and help us make change!
In just three short years, Eat the Change has developed products that expand the possibilities of what a more sustainable food system could look like. We offer two main product lines: Organic Carrot Chews – a chewy, yet sweet carrot bite and Just Ice Tea - organic and Fair Trade certified bottled tea. The products we create are made with ingredients that meet our Planet-Based Commitments:
- Plant-Based Supports Biodiversity
- Always Organic
- Reduce Food & Water Waste
- Access for All
We’re building the JUST ICE TEA-M Change Makers, a group of passionate individuals who will introduce our variety of products to consumers and build our brand from the ground up, one person at a time. This role will be hands-on: sampling directly to consumers in-store and at events (COVID safe), delivering product samples, executing brand activations, coordinating marketing activity, and capturing/reporting on all activity in market. This person will be the face of the brand in-market and will learn how to build brands by doing!
- Execute sampling activity including sample preparation, packing/loading vehicles, making deliveries, and supporting brand activations/events/ in store demonstrations.
- Capture photos/video of activity and reporting numerical outputs/ consumer feedback.
- Pro-actively engaging consumers on-site.
- Being the face of the brand locally and role modeling the brand behaviors in market.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to travel daily and deliver product utilizing your own personal vehicle.
- Ability to lift 20lbs.
- Ability to be on your feet and/or on the go for 4 hours continuously.
- Field marketing, hospitality, or food service experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills and outgoing personality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn and grow.
- Passionate about our mission to empower consumers to choose (and enjoy!) foods and beverages that align with their concerns around climate change and health.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
- Part time contractor role paid hourly at $20-$25 per hour (DOE), estimating 20 hours/ week.
- Based in New York Metro with frequent travel throughout the area.
- Reports to the Field Marketing Manager
- Follows COVID safety protocols at all times and assumes risks of working in current retail, office, and field environment.