Field Marketing Coordinator
Eat the Change
FIELD MARKETING COORDINATOR
At Eat The Change we believe in breaking down barriers and pushing boundaries, not just in our food and beverage choices but in our beliefs and actions. Eat the Change® is a Bethesda, MD based company created by activist entrepreneur and creator of Honest Tea, Seth Goldman and celebrity chef, Spike Mendelsohn. Our mission is inspired by the fact that dietary choices represent our single biggest daily opportunity to make an environmental impact. We create chef-crafted, organic foods and beverages that are delicious, responsibly sourced, and kind to the planet. Join us and help us make change!
In just three short years, Eat the Change has developed products that expand the possibilities of what a more sustainable food system could look like. We offer two main product lines: Organic Carrot Chews – a chewy, yet sweet carrot bite and Just Ice Tea - organic and Fair Trade certified bottled tea. The products we create are made with ingredients that meet our Planet-Based Commitments:
- Plant-Based Supports Biodiversity
- Always Organic
- Reduce Food & Water Waste
- Access for All
We are looking for a Field Marketing Coordinator (FMC) to support our growing team of JUST ICE TEA-M Changemakers. What’s a JUST ICE Tea-m Changemaker? Changemakers are passionate brand educators who share knowledge of Eat the Change’s planet friendly brands with consumers primarily through grocery store demos and events. Our FMC will be responsible for recruiting, hiring, training and managing a growing team of part-time Changemakers across the country.
- Recruitment, training and management of part-time field based Changemakers who will perform demos and attend events for demonstration of our products
- Maintaining and scheduling of the Changemaker network for events/demos nationwide
- Review and manage reporting and demo entry within internal programs
- Work with HR to process payroll and approve bi-weekly expenses from the team
- Regularly explore ways to improve and find efficiencies within the program
- Share regular internal program presentations with management on results
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You have 1-2 years of experience in sales and/or marketing, preferably in start-up or CPG industry
- You are organized, reliable and detail oriented.
- You have great listening and problem-solving skills with a dose of humility
- You celebrate your success, and the successes of your team even more
- You enjoy people and have excellent written and oral communication
- Strong communication skills, both externally and internally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn and grow.
- Passionate about our mission to empower consumers to choose (and enjoy!) foods that align with their concerns around climate change and health.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
- Based in Bethesda, MD with occasional travel required
- Must have a clean driving record
- Reports to the Director of Brand and Field Marketing
- This role is a hybrid position, but the candidate must be based in the DMV, with the ability to come to the office 2-4 days per week.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
Eat the Change™ is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.