Field Marketing Representative
Eat the Change
JUST ICE TEA-M CHANGE MAKER
At Eat The Change we believe in breaking down barriers and pushing boundaries, not just in our food and beverage choices but in our beliefs and actions. Eat the Change® is a Bethesda, MD-based company created by activist entrepreneur and creator of Honest Tea, Seth Goldman, and celebrity chef Spike Mendelsohn. Our mission is inspired by the fact that dietary choices represent our single biggest daily opportunity to make an environmental impact. We create chef-crafted, organic foods and beverages that are delicious, responsibly sourced, and kind to the planet. Join us and help us make change!
In just three short years, Eat the Change has developed products that expand the possibilities of what a more sustainable food system could look like. We offer two main product lines: Organic Carrot Chews – a chewy, yet sweet carrot bite and Just Ice Tea - organic and Fair Trade certified bottled tea. The products we create are made with ingredients that meet our Planet-Based Commitments:
- Plant-Based Supports Biodiversity
- Always Organic
- Reduce Food & Water Waste
- Access for All
We’re building the JUST ICE TEA-M of Change Makers! We’re looking to bring on a group of passionate brand ambassadors who will introduce our products to consumers and build our brand from the ground up. This role will be hands-on: executing brand activations and sampling directly to consumers in-store and at events, coordinating marketing activities, and bringing all feedback and insights to the team. You will act as the face of the brand and be an integral part of our growth.
- Bring an energetic and professional attitude to execute product demonstrations including sample preparation, packing/loading vehicles, and supporting brand activations/events/in-store activations.
- Represent Eat The Change locally and model the brand behaviors in market.
- Capture photos/video of activity and report inventory data and consumer feedback.
- Proactively engaging consumers on-site.
- Be flexible in the face of changing circumstances and practice clear and friendly communication throughout.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Passionate about our mission to empower consumers to choose (and enjoy!) foods and beverages that align with their concerns around climate change and health.
- Strong communication skills and outgoing personality.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn and grow.
- Thrive in a startup environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to travel with your own personal vehicle.
- Ability to lift 20lbs.
- Ability to be on your feet and/or on the go for 4 hours continuously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products.
- Field marketing, hospitality, or food service experience a plus.
DETAILS OF THE POSITION
- Part time contractor role paid hourly at $20-$25 per hour (DOE), estimating 20 hours/ week.
- Based in DMV, NYC, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Austin, Los Angeles, or Seattle metro area with frequent travel throughout the area.
- Reports to the Field Marketing Program Manager
- Follows COVID safety protocols at all times and assumes risks of working in current retail, office, and field environments.