Director of IT
Who we are:
Electra is electrifying ironmaking to decarbonize steelmaking and eliminate 3.7 gigatons or 10% of global CO2 emissions. Leveraging proven industrial-scale electrochemical and hydrometallurgical processes, and backed by leading sustainability-focused venture capitalists, our team is developing lower cost, scalable solutions utilizing intermittent renewable energy to forge a cleaner, greener future for the trillion-dollar steel industry.
With a uniquely collaborative culture, endless passion for developing disruptive technologies, and the opportunity to revolutionize carbon-intensive manufacturing industries, careers at Electra offer challenge, reward, and the chance to bring to market solutions that dramatically improve the health of the planet.
What you will do:
The Director of IT will primarily provide strategic leadership to the company's application management, IT infrastructure, and information security functions. The role involves expanding and guiding the in-house IT function for a next generation manufacturing company. In this role you will:
- Establish and drive the company's IT vision and strategy, fostering a safety-first culture and mindset while supporting operational needs.
- Support the migration and installation of data warehousing, and other IT infrastructure.
- Assess current IT infrastructure, applications, and operations for strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities.
- Advocates for and leads significant IT initiatives that provide a clear ROI and long-term value for the company.
- Establishes departmental goals and KPIs in alignment with organizational strategies.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of Information Security and IT Governance frameworks, policies, and procedures to ensure proper oversight and alignment of IT initiatives with organizational strategies.
- Establishes departmental norms of operation and behaviors to ensure team safety, collaboration, and inclusion.
- Identifies, selects, and oversees implementation of business support applications and systems including ERP and MES applications, and enhancing usability and functionality of existing systems. Oversees application development and/or customization where needed.
- Distills and presents complex IT topics to senior leadership, ensuring clarity, relevance, and timeliness to drive informed decision-making.
- Collaborates with company leaders across the company to understand their technology needs and ensure IT initiatives support those needs.
- Manages IT budget and forecasting.
- Ensures IT projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Continuously elevates and improves IT processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Leads team culture, workforce and succession planning, performance management, employee relations, and team development.
- Creates and fosters relationships with key internal teams, leaders, and external partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we need you to bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field of study; or an equivalent combination of related education and experience
- 12 years of related IT experience including experience leading IT security, infrastructure, and application management teams.
- 4 years of Manufacturing IT experience
- Experience configuring, deploying, and managing productivity technologies such as ERP, CRM, PDM, cloud servers and services, document control, project management, etc.
- Advanced proficiency and experience configuring and managing MS365 suite products including Entra ID (Azure AD), Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of IT infrastructure design, concepts, principles, practices, and procedures
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced individual proficiency and Microsoft Office suite of programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, and SharePoint
What we want you to bring to the team:
- Experience training users in MS365 Suite products (Office suite, SharePoint, Teams, etc.)
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience in an operational technology (OT) environment (preferably including OT Security)
- Experience configuring, deploying, and managing productivity and automation tools such as Power Automate, etc.
- The anticipated starting pay range for this position is $160,000 - $220,000 annually and may be more or less depending upon skills, experience, and education.
Benefits For You:
- 100% paid premiums across all medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, short-term disability, long-term disability, and basic life insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO
- $1,800 in annual employer HSA contributions (health savings account)
Benefits For Your Family:
- 100% paid premiums across all medical, dental, vision, and telemedicine plans
- $3,600 in annual employer HSA contributions (health savings account)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave and flexible return-to-work options
Benefits For Your Future:
- 401k with up to 5% matching contributions which vest 100% on day one
- Eligibility for incentive stock options