Control Systems Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
As a Control Systems Engineer, you will be a subject matter expert in industrial automation and be a part of the team developing control and SCADA systems to support the development of our next-generation electrochemical hydrogen electrolyzers. You will have 10-15 years of experience working with control systems in a plant environment.
This role is based at our location in Natick, MA, and report to our Director of Test Engineering.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programming and testing of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) for use in laboratory systems using the standard set of IEC-1131 languages
- HMI design and programming
- Development and commissioning of test equipment
- Integration and calibration of analytical sensors and instrumentation
- Design and implementation of automated test protocols
- 10-15 years experience in a manufacturing or plant environment
- 2 years technical associate's degree minimum (electrical, electronics, computer programming)
- Programming experience on one or more of the following platforms (Rockwell/Allen-Bradley, Modicon, Siemens (S7), National Instruments)
- Programming experience with one or more of the following SCADA systems (FTView SE, Wonderware, Ignition)
- Ability to read electrical drawings and use them to safely troubleshoot failures
- A 4-year engineering degree is preferred (all candidates with comparable experience will be considered)
- Knowledge of electrochemistry is a plus
- Knowledge of process historians (OSI PI, FactoryTalk Historian)
- Industrial Networking experience. (CISCO CCNA, EtherNet/IP, Modbus, OPC, RS232, RS485, EtherCAT, PROFINET etc.)
- Strong PC skills: cloud computing, system administration, virtualization, disaster recovery
- Programming Languages: Python, Structured Text, Ladder Logic, Function Block Diagram, and Sequential Function Chart
- Experience with safety instrumented systems
- Mechanical: Good hands-on skills
Compensation & Benefits
Controls Systems Engineer (P4):
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!