Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for a Project Engineer to join our team! This position is a broad role where the engineer is tasked with designing and executing turnkey Hydrogen generation projects for Electric Hydrogen’s customers. You should be a multitasker and be able to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the success of the technical scope of the project. You will be responsible for planning, preparing forecasting, executing, monitoring and managing all technical activities and identifying resources to assure project accuracy and quality from conception to completion.
You will be based in San Carlos, CA or can be remote. You will be required to travel periodically to customer sites in Texas and Electric Hydrogen’s offices in California and Massachusetts.
Role & Responsibilities
- Execute early project implementation works for new projects including, but not limited to, Engineering, technical, commercial, and overall project mobilization.
- Develop a clear, detailed, and accurate FS / Pre-FEED / FEED implementation schedule showing all contractual and other key milestones and identifies the critical path.
- Oversee engineering, technical, early procurement, and site due-diligence functions of the projects over an extended period of project life cycle.
- Assure implementation and compliance with applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Review Product Documentation and applying product requirements to customer projects.
- Be responsible for complete and accurate project engineering design.
- Accurate reporting of progress & identifying risks. Early warning for critical items that pose a risk to the project, identifying, and implementing mitigations.
- Ensure project adherence to budgets and schedules.
- Ensure any contractor or 3rd Party deliverables are aligned with the expected schedule.
- Draft, prepare, and issue documentation on behalf of various stakeholders.
- Provide support, guidance, and assistance to customer projects from the procurement through the construction phase of projects.
- Prepare and review documentation related to new customer projects, including but not limited to technical documentation, drawings, schematics, site layouts, and design reviews.
- Facilitate project-specific HAZOP/LOPA/HSE analysis with Electric Hydrogen customers
- Minimum Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree and a minimum of 5 years of Project Engineering experience.
- Demonstrated project execution experience in the either the hydrogen, low carbon fuels, renewable space, chemical processing, of Oil & Gas industries; this includes a deep understanding of interconnection, engineering, procurement, pre-construction, fabrication, construction, commissioning, and O&M phases of a project.
- Proven leadership capabilities, including outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to interact across all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the ASME Codes and National Electric Code (NEC, NFPA 70)
- Project management and time management skills, including an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines and to establish and maintain good relations with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness and ability to travel, up to 50% of the time.
Compensation & Benefits| [National Zone] Project Engineer [P3]
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!