Corporate IT Systems Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
Electric Hydrogen is seeking a talented and experienced IT Systems Engineer with specialized data center and cloud networking support expertise. As an IT Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a robust and secure network infrastructure. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure our critical network services' availability, reliability, and integrity. The ideal candidate should possess a deep understanding of network technologies, cloud services, and cybersecurity best practices and be comfortable with hands-on implementation work and directing teams and external resources.
You will be working onsite in the Natick, MA office and report into the Director of IT.
Network Design and Implementation:
• Design and implement resilient and secure network architectures, considering network segmentation, VLANs, firewall rules, and access controls.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define system requirements and ensure compliance with industry standards and best practices.
• Configure and maintain networking devices, including switches, routers, and firewalls.
Data Center and Cloud Management
• Participate in managing data center technologies, including VMware, Windows, and Linux solutions.
• Participate in managing cloud technologies, including Azure, Google Cloud, and AWS.
• Help architect and deliver identity management and directory services.
• Implement and maintain data protection, backup, and business continuity measures.
• Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to continually improve the company’s cybersecurity posture and resilience to threats.
• Work with the IT team, engineering teams, and customers to architect integrated identity management and security solutions.
• Participate in developing and maintaining appropriate incident response playbooks.
Documentation and Knowledge Sharing:
• Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, including network diagrams, configuration details, standard operating procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
• Share knowledge and train IT and other internal teams on network infrastructure and data management practices.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
• Experience designing, implementing, and supporting complex network infrastructures.
• Understanding cybersecurity principles and best practices, including network segmentation, intrusion detection, and access controls.
• Experience with network devices like industrial switches, routers, and firewalls.
• Knowledge of relevant standards and frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001, NIST CSF 2.0) related to cybersecurity.
• Extensive experience with Azure cloud technologies and managing Azure AD domains.
• In-depth skill set with advanced VMware configurations.
• Demonstrated experience in managing complex zero-trust networks.
• Software development, DevOps, and DevSecOps experience.
• Database administration and data management skills.
• Professional certifications such as CCNA, GICSP (Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional) or CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) - desirable.
Compensation & Benefits | [Natick Zone] OT Network Systems Engineer (P3)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!