Senior Commercial Counsel
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for a Senior Commercial Counsel who is a strong business partner with well-honed legal skills and experience supporting product sale teams. Your primary responsibilities will include drafting purchase and sale agreements for equipment sales and services and providing legal support through review, negotiation, signing and fulfillment of those agreements. Experience with drafting agreements for the sale of renewable energy products, chemical and industrial plants, electrical equipment, construction services and O&M agreements would be helpful Additionally, you may assist in supporting a variety of other legal matters and projects, including trade, data privacy, and regulatory compliance. A strong understanding of intellectual property risks, insurance strategies, and contract execution concerns would be helpful.
You will work preferably onsite, but we are open to a remote role if the person is willing to travel regularly. You will be based in San Carlos, CA and will report to the Chief Legal Officer.
Role and Responsibilities
- Partner closely with the sales team on customer deals
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, including framework agreements, equipment supply agreements, long-term service agreements, EPC agreements, purchase orders, fulfillment documentation, and non-disclosure agreements
- Assist in continually improving form agreements
- Support the procurement team’s purchase of materials, equipment and fabrication services
- Assist in designing scalable processes to help legal and business teams process, review, execute, manage, and maintain a wide variety of legal documentation related to commercial operations and other legal matters
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales, finance, operations, and product development, to ensure legal compliance and risk management in all areas of the business
- Counsel internal stakeholders, including senior management, sales, finance, and engineering, regarding commercial and legal risks
- Assist in developing, implementing, and enhancing corporate policies and processes for regulatory compliance
- Manage competing priorities and expectations in a highly dynamic work environment
- Licensed attorney. Active status in at least one U.S. state bar (ideally where the position is located)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with a global law firm or in-house legal team, with relevant legal experience in leading commercial transactions
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize competing demands
- Ability to function as a generalist to support the Legal Department’s mission and willingness to jump in and assist the team as needed
- Energy or chemical industry expertise is a plus
- In-house legal department experience is a plus
Compensation and Benefits | P5
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!