Senior NPI Engineer, Power Systems
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for a Senior New Product Introduction Engineer to be responsible for transitioning engineering designs into production. You will support the internal Power Systems engineering team. You will work with prototype shops and Contract Manufacturers (CMs) to build the products in time and within budget. You will work with the Electrical, Mechanical and Software Engineering teams, Contract Manufacturers (CM), Outside Contractors, Suppliers, and other teams. You will work onsite at our San Carlos, CA office. You will report to the Engineering Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
- Review and work with the design of new products development to insure:
- Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Design To Unit Production Cost (DTUPC)
- Quality through design
- Work with the Design team and Sourcing to support new product development.
- Help with End of Life, alternates, and cost reduction programs
- Manage prototype building
- Coordinate the technical elements of production from the NPI stage to CMs
- Oversee the test equipment from requirements to CM deployment
- Review CMs:
- Manufacturing Process Instructions
- Tools and testing
- Building per IPC standards
- Production First Pass Yields
- Initial product batches
- Create manufacturing documentation to transition from prototype to production
- Assist the Manufacturing department and support communication across all departments
- Coordinate NPI Interdisciplinary efforts within Product Design Team
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 5 years in transitioning products from prototype to production
- Innovative at reducing cost, and improving efficiency
- Must coordinate the build of complex mechanical and electrical prototypes with minimum documentation.
- Must travel internationally up to 10% of the time
Compensation and Benefits | P4
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!