Electrical Engineer Intern
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for a Power Electronics Intern - Hardware to join us for the Summer of 2024 and support new power electronics product development. You will design new electronic solutions to support the generation of green hydrogen and execute from prototype to production.
You will work onsite and be based in our office in San Carlos, CA office. You will report into the Power Electronics Lead.
Role and Responsibilities
- Interns will work closely with senior engineers throughout the internship and day to day tasks may include those listed below.
- Design portions of engineering solutions for electrical and electronic parts, analog and digital subsystems, and algorithms based on established engineering principles and observing development technology practices and guidelines.
- Develop and implement test plans for existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, thermal generation, and system power measurements related to printed circuit assemblies.
- Collaborate and communicate with internal and outsourced development partners on electrical hardware design and development.
- Participate as a member of project team of other electrical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost-effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately complex products.
- Minimum 3 years of experience or combination of education and internship experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (Master's degree in Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Proficient in knowledge of power electronics: converter circuits, switches, magnetics, and modeling
- Experience in analysis and design of high power, power electronics topologies, including: estimation of voltage/current on switches and magnetics, estimation of losses in switches and magnetics, perform cost trade off between possible solutions
- Hands on lab debugging and troubleshooting of power stages
- Familiar with electrical design tools and software packages such as Cadence, or OrCAD.
- Experience designing electronic components, integrated circuitry, and algorithms.
- Experience with circuit design simulator software packages such as Cadence, PSPICE, LTSpice, or equivalent simulation tools.
- Must design proposals and negotiate options.
- All students will have the opportunity to develop skills, gain laboratory experience and benefit from a valuable experience within a start-up culture while learning about the energy industry.
- $1,500 transportation stipend will be provided or $3,000 relocation stipend (depending on location)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!