Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for a Head of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) to support Electric Hydrogen on our path to massive industrial scale decarbonization. In this role you will lead corporate planning, shepherding EH2's operations and continued growth. You will partner with the business in a collaborative and proactive manner to establish annual planning cycles, maintain the company financial plans, set the reporting and analysis cadence, and leverage data to provide broad decision support to leaders.
You will work at one of our locations in the Greater Boston Area, reporting into the CFO. We are also open to 100% remote or relocation.
The ideal candidate has overseen FP&A at a large and/or rapidly growing company, aligning leaders, with varied backgrounds, objectives, and incentives, across the organization.
Role & Responsibilities
- Guide Sr. Leadership through planning exercises to set strategic objectives
- Drive initiatives to improve productivity, create efficiencies within the business to help achieve cost goals, and strengthen working capital
- Develop multi-year forecasts reflecting the company's strategy, goals, and priorities
- Establish FP&A policies and procedures to improve forecasting accuracy, identify risks and opportunities, and support decision-making throughout Electric Hydrogen
- Provide thought-leadership around and prepare quarterly operating reviews for the Board
- Lead the annual planning process, including driving alignment of the Annual Operating Plan and financial and operational goals
- Develop standard work for planning, reporting, and analysis for Finance department
- Coach FP&A team to become trusted advisors to the leaders of their respective department
- 10+ years of FP&A experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, Master's Degree preferred
- Strong executive presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to Sr. Leadership and business partners
- Experience in energy, manufacturing, and/or infrastructure
- Led FP&A at either VC/PE funded or public companies, startup experience a plus
- Experience creating and presenting complex materials in a succinct manner to Sr. Leadership to drive effective decision-making
- Strong finance modeling skills, along with an understanding of finance reporting and cash forecasting
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Experience in leading business intelligence teams
- CPA preferred
Compensation and Benefits | M5
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!