Cell Technology Manager
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We’re looking for a Cell Technology Manager to lead a team of engineers responsible for selection, integration, development, and validation of R&D-scale electrolyzer cells. You will collaborate with team leads and help guide them through complex engineering solutions, enabling Electric Hydrogen’s technology roadmap. You will manage and support Cell Technology teams who are creating cutting-edge electrolyzer cells and are reporting to either Director of Cell Physics or Director of Components, as well as collaborate with existing manager and tech leads.
You will work onsite in our Natick, MA lab and will report to one of the Directors of Cell Technology.
Role And Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and timing and resources needed for activities on next-generation components
- Support cross-team and department development, validation, and testing of components and cell designs
- Support R&D to Manufacturing technology transitions
- Support a culture of rapid-cycles of learning
- Embody and instill a strong safety-first culture
- B.S. or M.S. in a STEM field such as chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science, chemistry, or related field
- 7+ years in industrial R&D in electrochemical devices or equivalent non-industrial experience
- 5+ years of management experience, demonstrating a clear record of success in building industry-leading teams that can execute in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Understanding of electrochemical devices, components, and interplay
- Mastery of data analysis and interpretation
Compensation and Benefits | M3
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!