Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Test and Characterization
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are searching for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager for our test and process characterization group with strong data analytics skills. In this role, you will enable data-based decisions by driving the implementation and daily execution of inline metrology and end-of-line tests. You will drive development and implementation new metrology methods. You will own end of line testing of our products in collaboration with a cross-functional team.
You will work onsite at our location in Devens, MA. You will report into our VP of Manufacturing Engineering.
Role and Responsibilities
- Define and document the test protocols to ensure baseline performance tracking
- Continue to explore, characterize and implement new metrology methods to continue advancing our cutting edge technology
- Own all test and metrology in a high volume manufacturing
- Be responsible for all SPC and data analytics
- Be responsible for data analytics which would include working with the process development team to design and interpret DOE’s results correctly
- Work with production to define the test scheduling according to the production schedules
- Design and execute electrochemical test protocols on product-intent stacks to validate cell technology and system requirements
- Work with software engineering team to automate data analysis and enable data-based decision making
- Document and present test results/plans/schedules to a cross functional team including modelers, manufacturing and stack engineering
- Gain in-depth understanding of electrolysis cell test stations to troubleshoot and resolve issues during test operation
- Lead efforts to track performance using statistical analysis tools to identify process and product variability
- Solve complex problems, take a new perspective on existing solutions, and exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Perform electrochemical and mechanical characterization of cell components to advise optimization of critical components affecting the electrolysis cell performance and durability
- On Occasion, willing to work nights and weekend to resolve issues in the test area
- Master’s degree or higher in a STEM field such as Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years in industrial testing electrical or electrochemical devices or semiconductor devices
- Must have superb quantitative reasoning and interpretation skills with strong ability to provide analysis-driven engineering insight and recommendations
- Familiarity with electrical control systems, instrumentation, and power supplies
- Experience with Python or an equivalent programing language
- Experienced in using lean problem-solving tools (TOC, Kaizen, Six Sigma, PPI etc.)
Compensation and Benefits | M3
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!