Everytable was founded on the belief that healthy food is a human right and shouldn’t be a luxury product. Everytable is a purpose-driven public benefit company; working with us is a unique opportunity to be a part of making history by redefining and transforming the food system. We’re passionate about making a positive impact in the communities we serve through affordable food access, as well as economic empowerment and environmental wellbeing.
This role will be responsible for maintaining a high level of
cleanliness in the kitchen and maintaining an organized work area. We are looking for someone who is ambitious to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in our kitchen. This person will be able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
● Ability to identify major allergens and use proper techniques to avoid cross contamination.
● Able to chop, peel, dice, blanch, roast, sear, grill, smoke, bake, saute, and perform various cooking
techniques to complete daily production.
● Able to properly cool daily production within a timely manner of the temperature danger zone.
● Use mathematical calculations to quantify recipes.
● Use various scales to weigh product to ensure accuracy.
● Safely use kitchen equipment, eg. (Bur mixers, Hobart mixers, Slicers, ovens, blenders, Smokers, Combi ovens, knives, and cryovac machines).
● Aid in the assembly of salads, components of salads, sandwiches, fruit cups.
● Properly label food items and maintain rotation of product to ensure good FIFO techniques.
● Reporting any defects in packaging, and product to management for inspection.
● Examine and inspect all containers and prepped food items, to ensure standards are being met.
● Able to communicate effectively to management and fellow team members and ensure delegation of daily production.
● Stocking supplies as needed.
● Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation standards of Everytable to both State and Federal regulations.
● In addition to performing additional tasks that are asked by Kitchen Management
● Able to manage and coordinate daily activities of assigned group /team.
- Hungry To Change the World - We are driven to create a world-changing social enterprise, and to pursue our mission for a more just and healthy world. We are not satisfied with “business as usual,” and are willing to take chances to create a new paradigm of business.
- Purpose and Pride in Service - We care deeply about all our customers across all channels and take care to understand and anticipate their needs. We strive to exceed the expectations of our customers as well as those we serve internally, our coworkers, offering hospitality and delicious food everywhere we go.
- Elevate Everyday - Each of us is responsible for coming to the table with solutions, which requires us to be honest and speak up about ways we can be better. In everything we do, we get better every day by taking small and large steps to continuously improve.
- Lead with Humility - Each of us leads in our own job and in our own way. We believe leadership requires listening, understanding, and putting yourself in others' shoes before taking action.
- Solve For All - We are a people centered organization focused on finding the solution that benefits our customers, our employees, and our company. Because we all win when we win together.
- Welcome Everyone to the Table - We are a stronger, more innovative company because of our diverse experiences, cultures, and backgrounds. All our voices are needed to be the best we can be
● Experience in high volume kitchens, production/large batch experience
● Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to work different shifts, that include holidays, nights, and weekends.
● Must be able to stand for a period of 8 hours at a time.
● Must be able to work in refrigerated conditions (40* degrees Fahrenheit)
● Able to read and understand basic recipes and techniques for proper execution and delegation.
***Must be willing to obtain a Food Handler card. ***
- Free delicious Everytable meals during your shift
- 20% off all meals + delivery subscription service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-Sponsored Best in Class Benefits ** (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance) *
- 401(k) program *
- Paid Parental Leave *
- Fitness/Wellness Program *
- Voluntary Accident/Critical Illness/Hospital Indemnity Insurance*
- Dependent FSA *
- Transit + Parking Benefits *
- Pet Insurance *
- Culture of feedback and coaching (bi-annual performance appraisals)
- Social Equity Franchise Program – a unique opportunity to own your own Everytable retail storefront after training in Everytable University!
- Pay it Forward Program
- Flexible working environment (depending on role requirements)
- Full-time and part-time positions available
- Paid vacation/sick/holiday time
Everytable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ people to apply. Everytable is a Fair Chance employer and will consider qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records for employment.