R&D Operator - Day Shift
Under the direct supervision of the R&D Supervisor, the R&D Operator's goal is to ensure new product initiatives are carried out smoothly to maximize efficiency, produce quality products, and maintain safety standards.
Hiring for either shifts
- Night A: Monday – Wednesday & every other Thursday 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM (12 hour shifts)
- Night B: Wednesday – Friday & every other Tuesday 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM (12 hour shifts)
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by leadership.
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) for Temporary engineering instruction, Design of experiments and Passive data collection.
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed).
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines.
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools.
- Test operation of machines periodically.
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift.
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws.
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products.
- Ensure correct operation by following all Standard operating procedures, Work instructions and Response flow charts.
- Effectively communicate with other departments throughout the shift.
- Accurately maintain multiple logs to ensure accurate data collection (machine utilization, yield loss etc.).
- Keep a safe and clean work environment at all times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to deal effectively with time pressures, stress, and changing demands of job on a regular basis
- Ability to handle highly confidential business information
- Detail Oriented.
- Ability to utilize effective communication methods.
- Forward thinking / identify problems before they happen / Continuous Improvement.
- High School Diploma, or GED
- Minimum of 2 (two) years of manufacturing experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Multitasking is an essential job function for this role.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Customer focused with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to work overtime as needed.
- Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Medical and Prescription Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Care
- Basic Term Life and Accidentals Insurance
- Voluntary Life
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Company Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan