Territory Manager, Colombia
Hazel Technologies Inc., founded in 2015, is a USDA-funded company that develops new technologies to improve the quality and extend the shelf life of fresh produce throughout the global supply chain. The early-stage agricultural technology company based in Chicago is on a mission to reduce food waste. Shippers, growers, and retailers are constantly on the lookout for new ways to ship food further, enter new markets, extend the growing season, and have less food rejected at retail. The products of Hazel Technologies meet these needs by adding significant and measurable value throughout our customers' food supply chains.
An Account Executive at Hazel Technologies focuses primarily on customer acquisition and retention based on deep product and industry knowledge. Hazel Tech AE’s maintain consistent communication with customers, stay apprised of industry trends, and have a strong ability to gauge customer needs, provide the right product solution, and drive sales based on the added value the customer will realize. Hazel Account Executives are also skilled at routine technical customer support, including executing customer demonstrations, customer implementation support, and presenting key data points.
- Partner with customers to share the unique Hazel Technologies value proposition and fluently speak to the technical side of Hazel’s products.
- Meet quarterly sales goals and numbers.
- Appropriately engage Postharvest Specialists to support customer technical trials outside of routine demonstrations.
- Appropriately engage Product Specialists for logistic support such as customer training and product installation.
- Appropriately engage colleagues in Operations, Marketing, Sales and other departments as necessary.
- Achieve individual goals and organizational revenue goals.
- Understand regulatory requirements by region.
- Provide appropriate labelling support to ensure product is used as directed.
- Identify and interact with prospective customers to define value proposition and timelines for product adoption.
- Assist new customers by traveling to customer facilities and provide routine technical support for product implementation.
- Organize regular client meetings to ensure excellent customer service.
- Commitment and understanding of regulatory compliance with a specific focus on external regulations related to sales and shipments both domestically and internationally.
- Report and record all sales activities in a web-based CRM system (Salesforce).
- Negotiate terms and conditions with customers that reflect the value add.
- Collaborate with key decision makers with the intent to identify opportunities and develop ideas that deliver strong sales results.
- Attend trade shows and host customer events.
- Commitment to commercial team training manuals, training guides, training exercises, with the purpose of providing Hazel Tech customers with the best possible experience.
- Engage in all related, related and/or complementary activities necessary for the full development of the position.
- Ability to value sell by clearly communicating the economic value added by Hazel’s products at a high level and the crop specific technical benefits at a detailed level.
- Ability to prospect for new clients and sell services to them while continuing the sales process with existing clients.
- Ability to analyze industry data and trends to increase pipeline and inform existing customers.
- Ability to manage and keep multiple projects moving through a successful sales process.
- Ability to work cross functionally with Hazel’s R&D, Supply Chain, and Business Management teams.
- Ability to travel 70% of the time within region (Colombia).
- Ability to travel 10% International. (APAC, EMEA, LATAM)
- 5+ years’ experience in outside sales as an account executive.
- Proven track-record meeting sales goals.
- Degree from accredited 4-year university.
- Familiarity with fresh produce supply chain / food retail.
- Experience with outbound sales, inbound sales (prospecting and new lead generation)
- Team player
- Strong communication skills.
- Professional working proficiency level English required.
- Possess strong interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills.
You'll Love Working at Hazel Because
- We've come to transform the food system. You'll be able to make a big contribution to our work at the nexus of technology, farming, and the global food industry - and we're only getting started.
- Our team is motivated by a set of shared values. These keep us on track and remind us how to be present every day in the midst of change and ambiguity. Collaboration, respect, positivity, and humility are all valued, whether in the office, at home, or on the fields, and we strive to empower individuals at every stage.
- Benefits and perks, of course!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hazel Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. At Hazel, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org