Senior Product Manager, agtech industry
Hazel Technologies Inc., founded in 2015, is a USDA-funded company that develops new technologies to improve the quality and extend the shelf life of fresh produce throughout the global supply chain. The early-stage agricultural technology company based in Chicago is on a mission to reduce food waste. Shippers, growers, and retailers are constantly on the lookout for new ways to ship food further, enter new markets, extend the growing season, and have less food rejected at retail. The products of Hazel Technologies meet these needs by adding significant and measurable value throughout our customers' food supply chains.
The Senior Product Development Manager (Sr PDM), collaborates with cross-functional teams as the lead Product Development resource to develop new and reformulated products from concept through retail execution, including key regulatory compliance to assigned categories. The Sr PDM represents Product Development at key meetings to provide technical guidance and strategic direction and analyze data and translate data into actionable insights. The Sr PDM should exhibit both exceptional communication and project management skills along with a technical background. This role requires a self-motivated individual, able to manage multiple project assignments with limited technical guidance and willing to learn and adapt within a fast-paced, growing organization.
· Key field-level point of contact for specified crops in a geography for related influencers/key stakeholders
· Provide leadership to guide and/or assist technical and non-technical peers and direct reports to mitigate technical and project hurdles
· Identify potential risks, challenges, opportunities to the business of their project(s)
· Refine and develop well-defined product requirements and success criteria for new and reformulated projects
· Inform and advise the product management team on the needs of customers and dealers, advocating for appropriate prioritization of these needs
· Independently own technically complex projects, starting from proof of concept to handoff
· Efficiently handoff finalized projects with all necessary info and structure
· Manage in-season agility to react to emerging needs and unplanned priorities
· Allocate resources with no need for correction
· Master’s degree in related field
· 8-10 years of overall experience with at least 3 in agro-technology
· Ability to work well in an environment that includes a high pace and intensity
· Demonstrated ability to communicate with, lead, and motivate cross-functional teams
· Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail
· Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
· Ability to role model high standards of professionalism
· Possess strong communication with customers and ability to communicate with the customer based on their level of technical understanding
· Ability to deliver work that is routinely accepted without change
· Fully proficient in customer facing interactions
· Excellent strategic thinking and planning skills
· High degree of curiosity and engagement about the technical aspects of our work
· Travel required- 1-2 times per quarter
Salary Range:$125 - $150k
You'll Love Working at Hazel Because
- We've come to transform the food system. You'll be able to make a big contribution to our work at the nexus of technology, farming, and the global food industry - and we're only getting started.
- Our team is motivated by a set of shared values. These keep us on track and remind us how to be present every day in the midst of change and ambiguity. Collaboration, respect, positivity, and humility are all valued, whether in the office, at home, or on the fields, and we strive to empower individuals at every stage.
- Benefits and perks, of course!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hazel Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. At Hazel, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org