Mill is all about answering a simple question: how can we prevent waste? Less waste can save time, money, energy, maybe even our planet. And there’s no better place to start than food. Food waste is one of the most solvable climate problems facing us today. Plus, our trash really stinks. It’s gross, heavy, and our least favorite chore. At Mill we are striving to build a better environment for all, as we take on climate and kitchen change.
As the leader of the Customer Operations function, you’ll strike a balance between high-impact individual contribution and team leadership and development. You will be responsible for ensuring that Mill’s operational activities and processes are aligned to meet current and future business needs
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Leading and growing a team of operations professionals who handle the following:
- Supply and demand planning
- Order management and allocation
- Customer support strategy and planning
- Customer support execution and analysis
- SOP development for common situations
- Product excellence reporting
- Miscellaneous business reporting and modeling
- Onboarding and training new support team members.
- Developing business requirements to optimize key flows for customers and customer support team members.
- Measuring and managing the quality of customer support interactions.
- Analyzing support workflows and identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Working closely with product teams to understand and give input into product changes relating to the customer support department.
- Assisting with the design and rollout of new support channels and service offerings.
- Managing schedules of team members according to customer demand and any service level agreements.
- Forecasting and budgeting for customer support and tracking actual performance against budget.
What you’ll need:
- 8+ years of experience in start-up operations, customer support, product operations or related roles at high-growth companies. Proven experience building and managing high-impact, dynamic teams.
- Experience delivering frontline customer support.
- Evidence of working at a senior level within a growing business
- Ability to work both strategically and operationally. Capable of visioning future workable solutions as well as a willingness to roll your sleeves up and get involved in day-to-day operations
- Adaptable and able to grow with the business
- Demonstrated understanding of common customer support tools and processes.
- A track record of business process improvement.
- Proven leadership and team motivation skills.
- Experience in scheduling and forecasting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior executives.
- Experience in managing cross-functional projects to completion.
The estimated base salary range for this position is $150k to $180k, which does not include the value of benefits or a potential equity grant. A wide range of factors are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets, market conditions, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and business and organizational needs. At Mill, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role.
For your awareness, we have been requiring that all employees and visitors who come into our offices verify that they are fully vaccinated with respect to COVID-19. Of course we are open to discussing accommodations where legally required, such as for medical or religious reasons. If you need to discuss accommodations or better understand this requirement, please let me know. Otherwise, please prepare to provide verification of your vaccination.