ReelData is a startup that brings AI disruption to the aquaculture industry. The core of our technology is backed by deep learning and machine learning algorithms that allow fish farms to reduce the intrusiveness and resources needed to understand various metrics around their fish. Our goal is to help the industry to operate at maximum profitability and sustainability.
The business analyst is the driver of our continued growth and success at ReelData. With a commitment to think as a customer and continuous improvement, the analyst seeks, develops, and helps implement strategic initiatives for improved efficiency and productivity. The ideal candidate will be a detailed planner with an agile mindset, an expert communicator, and a top-notch analyst. This person should also be wholly committed to the discovery and development of innovative solutions in an ever-changing technical start-up landscape. The business analyst is responsible for collaborating across operations, customer experience, technical departments and process improvement initiatives. Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct business and technical studies across departments and functions;
- Lead the implementation of initiatives in support of overall business strategy;
- Craft complex and comprehensive reports, dashboards and scorecards for clients utilizing internal data sources as well as external data;
- Understand business drivers, definitions and metrics to conduct analysis and provide improved BI to inform the management leadership team;
- Demonstrated experience in translating customer requirements into technical tasks to validate system specifications are met;
- Assist with the implementation of improvement initiatives and documentation of Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) document;
- Ideally have or acquire knowledge of broader enterprise reporting platforms and data sources and ability to integrate data across the enterprise;
- Other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in information technology or computer science;
- Minimum 1-year experience in a related position;
- Extensive experience with data analysis, data preparation and data visualization, including considerable experience with very large data sets and semi-structured data;
- Proven ability to manage projects and user testing;
- Strong working knowledge of relevant Microsoft applications, including Visio;
- Strong working knowledge of Google Workspace;
- Experience with Google Data Studio, SQL and Grafana would be an asset;
- High proficiency in technical writing. This position is located in downtown Halifax, NS, and will include a hybrid schedule. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, disability coverage and RRSP matching program.