Robotics and Machine Learning Engineer (hybrid)
Headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota, Sentera builds specialized software, analytics, cameras and drones that capture and integrate in-field data insights and images with digital ag platforms. Agronomists, researchers, growers, seed retailers and supply chain managers use insights from our products to improve the precision, efficiency, and sustainability of their businesses.
Sentera is seeking a Robotics and Machine Learning Engineer with industry experience running image-based machine learning on device-mounted hardware in real-time. You will be a part of a multidisciplinary team working alongside machine learning scientists, data engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, and system engineers on an agricultural robotics project.
You will do all of the following, but your special niche within the team will be as the expert in porting machine learning prototypes to run in real-time on target hardware.
- Develop algorithms for detecting and classifying plants in imagery of agricultural fields, in collaboration with a team of machine learning scientists and data engineers.
- Combine conventional computer vision, machine learning, and statistical methods.
- Train, test, and validate models using various network topologies, iterating to achieve accuracy targets.
- Specify data collection and annotation protocols to enable training, testing, and validating.
- Migrate algorithms from prototype form, initially designed for desktop or cloud environments, to a real-time robotics environment.
- Develop embedded software to integrate with image sensors, non-image sensors, and external devices.
- Experience with real-time machine learning, such as on GPUs like NVIDIA Jetson or FPGAs like Xillinx Zynq.
- Experience migrating ML prototypes from desktop our cloud environments to embedded environments.
- Experience with image processing, both computer vision and deep learning.
- C, C++, Python
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer engineering, software engineering, data science, machine learning, robotics, or a related field.
- Experience with embedded systems using linux, RTOS, or bare metal, on microcontrollers or microprocessors.
- Experience in robotics.
- 2-5 years industry experience.
- Hybrid (onsite 2 days per week)
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Generous paid time off at hire
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, Dependent Care coverage options
- 401k with a 4% company match
Something looks off?