Digital Technology Commercial Lead
As the Digital Technology Commercial Lead at Sentera, you will play a pivotal role in positioning Sentera's cutting-edge technology to address agronomic research questions and production decisions faced by current and prospective customers. Working as a member of both our product and go-to-market teams, you will leverage your deep knowledge of digital agriculture technologies and subject matter expertise in agronomy, crop science, and soil science to enable the world's leading agriscience companies with innovative technology solutions. This dynamic role demands a commercially minded individual with direct professional experience in research and development and technology commercialization. Join us in shaping the future of agriculture through innovation and expertise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify key market opportunities for current and future Sentera Products and Services based on knowledge of commercial landscape and customer technology and product roadmap objectives.
- Partner with Sales to drive revenue growth for existing accounts and newly uncovered market opportunities.
- Support the go-to-market team by identifying and qualifying new business opportunities with key customers and prospects through discovery calls, customer demos, attending trade shows, and professional networking.
- Develop a growth strategy for assigned customer accounts, align Sentera’s offerings with their specific needs to maximize value, and support their overall mission.
- Provide commercial and subject matter expertise to enable the go-to-market team to create distinctive messaging that highlights the unique value propositions of Sentera’s solutions.
- Continuously innovate Sentera’s sales and growth strategies by leveraging customer feedback and key use cases that will drive sustained business growth.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal staff and external customers and partners.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- PhD or MS Degree in Agronomy, Crop Science, Soil Science, or related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience including conducting research trials using digital agriculture technologies for data capture or analysis; implementing digital agriculture technologies and decision support systems within production cropping systems; transferring digital agriculture technologies from research to commercial applications.
- Broad understanding of digital agronomy technologies including remote and proximal sensing; geospatial data science and geographic information systems; statistics, machine learning, computer vision, and scientific computing; digital phenotyping and computational genomics.
- Direct experience in a commercial or customer-facing role is preferred.
- Exceptional communicator with strong writing and presentation skills.
- Existing relationships with private and public industry partners and potential customers are a plus.
- Commercially driven with an interest in uncovering new ways to drive industry-wide impact by implementing and scaling digital agriculture technologies for customers.
- Recognized subject matter expertise in both digital agriculture technologies as well as agronomy, crop science, and/or soil science.
- Well-organized and self-directed, with excellent time and task management skills.
- Experienced relationship-builder with a proven track record of navigating large, complex organizations.
- Prior success at effectively working with, engaging, and influencing broad stakeholder groups during complex projects.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, including the frequent delivery of presentations to internal and external executive audiences.
- Team player that contributes to team objectives, displays trust and mutual understanding, accepts constructive feedback, and handles confrontation constructively.
- Curiosity to learn about agriculture disciplines, digital agriculture technologies, and commercial products outside of your own area of expertise.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally be required to lift to 10 pounds with arms extended. The vision requirements include close and distant vision.
- Travel as needed.
- General office environment – computer and telephone work.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources
- Stock Option Plan