Senior Business Development Representative
We’re looking for a strong communicator and relationship builder to join the Sentera team as a Senior Business Development Representative. You will work closely with the sales, marketing, and customer success teams to execute our sales strategy by generating leads, owning customer communication, creating quotes, and building outbound account-based marketing strategies. In this role, you’ll serve as a key champion for Sentera’s value prop and drive revenue for a growing technology company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate with the sales and marketing teams to pass qualified leads generated via inbound and outbound activities, ensuring an ideal handoff of qualified prospects.
- Execute consistent outbound activities to engage potential existing customers and identify sales opportunities for assigned territories and market segments.
- Collaborate with the enterprise sales team to fine-tune strategies, focusing on key accounts, fostering conversations, and successfully winning new business.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to provide feedback about demand generation tactics to improve qualifications requirements and streamline the lead hand-off process.
- Utilize your in-depth knowledge of the business and industry to conduct thorough research on accounts, identify key decision-makers, and create compelling events to drive interest and develop accounts.
- Partner with the marketing team to develop automated outreach campaigns for prospects and customers to align with the sales process.
- Achieve monthly goals for key performance indicators (KPIs), including SQLs, cross-sells, lead generation, sales targets, and renewal metrics.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Marketing, Sales, Communications, Agricultural Studies or related field.
- 2 years of experience in lead generation or prospecting roles.
- Experience with CRM software and marketing automation tools.
- Having existing relationships at large agricultural science companies is a plus.
- Agriculture or SaaS experience preferred.
- Exceptional communicator with strong written, spoken, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Exposure to proven sales methodology or training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally be required to lift to 10 pounds with arms extended. The vision requirements include close and distant vision.
- Travel: Less than 10%.
- General office environment with a computer and telephone.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources
- Stock Option Plan