Manager, Energy Efficiency & Sustainability
Service 1st Financial
Based in Bethesda, Maryland, Service 1st Financial, LLC is a leading financial technology, innovation, and training company serving residential home service contractors and their customers in the United States. Our industry-leading Home Comfort-as-a-Service program, the Premier Program®, is offered through independent contractors on a full portfolio of home comfort products, including HVAC systems, IAQ products, tank and tankless water heaters, and water purification systems.
Are you seeking a role at the intersection of finance, technology, and climate? Do you get excited by playing a meaningful role in helping the home services industry meet its decarbonization potential? Are you interested in working on cutting-edge issues and programs in collaboration with state and federal energy institutions? Do you exhibit intelligence, grit, and an unsatiable desire to grow personally and professionally in a team-oriented environment?
If so, our growing consumer finance business is looking for a Manager to oversee and drive energy efficiency and sustainability initiatives. We seek an enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual with effective communication skills (both verbal and written). The successful candidate will work closely with the CEO and VP Marketing & Business Development on matters relating to sustainability and decarbonization programs at the state and national level. Strong financial and analytical skills are needed to succeed in this role.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at utility companies, 3rd party program implementers, and federal and state energy efficiency organizations/agencies
- Manage participation and membership in trade and government organizations re: sustainability
- Lead the firm’s efforts in applying for, and managing program awards from, state and federal entities
- Become a subject matter expert in the Inflation Reduction Act, as it pertains to the residential home comfort space
- Collaborate with the VP Marketing to participate in program presentations and represent the firms at energy efficiency trade shows and targeted meetings
- Prepare periodic reports to monitor progress toward program goals and ensure compliance with applicable guidelines
- Develop a dashboard for ongoing reporting required by energy efficiency programs
- Perform calculations of greenhouse gas emissions reduction under various scenarios involving HVAC and plumbing systems
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree (in a business-related field like Engineering, Business, Sciences, Technical, Education, Marketing, Sustainability, Mechanical Engineering, Management preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience with OEM, Utility, or Industry Aggregators in contractor-facing energy efficiency & and sustainability program management or design
- Proven ability to analyze and quantify energy needs, use, and savings
- Ability to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource to the senior management team
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and a positive attitude
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing work environment
- Highest levels of integrity, an unwavering commitment to the team, and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Willingness to work in-office 4 days/week
- Proficient in MS Office
Compensation commensurate with experience
Health, dental, vision, 401k match, and paid time off
Interested candidates should send a resume and a short summary of why you would be a good fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.