Senior Backend Software Engineer - Consumer Apps & Services (m/f/d)
Founded in 2011, with the vision of heating & cooling homes more efficiently, tado° has grown into Europe’s leading provider of intelligent climate management. Our elegant Smart Thermostats and innovative digital services guarantee users both a comfortable home and intelligent energy usage.
The ongoing energy transition to renewable energy sources and therefore the electrification of heating (through heat pumps) as well as the transportation sector, bring new exciting challenges in home energy management. Energy consumption needs to match the volatility of renewable energy sources, like wind and solar.
tado° is working on intelligent solutions that help our customers to consume electricity at times when there is more supply from renewable sources, while also helping them to save money on their electricity bills - for a more sustainable future.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Software Engineer, who wants to be part of a cross-functional team given clear objectives and the autonomy to discover the right solutions. If you want to make a difference, challenge yourself every day, and want to work amongst passionate colleagues that love their products, you're at the right place!
Why work at tado°:
- Work in an empowered and autonomous product team. Our teams have clear and ambitious objectives, minimal dependencies, and the freedom to create outstanding solutions.
- Grow personally by learning from your highly-skilled, dedicated colleagues and through frequent feedback.
- Our way of working is at the forefront of modern agile product development. A good summary of our approach is Inspired by Marty Cagan. We interact with our users continuously, iterate frequently, limit the work in progress, and aim to learn daily how to add value for our customers and our business.
- Join an international team of 200+ people from 42 nations.
- Be part of our journey of driving the energy transition and work on intelligent solutions in home energy management.
We’re taking the next step on our path to being the one place where everyone can manage their energy needs. Together with us you will start a new cross-functional product team within tado° to make our energy tariffs easy to manage and the tariff experience beautifully simple to our customers.
What will your work look like?
- Championing projects within the team (like integrating energy providers) to build the tariff experience in our App.
- Driving DevOps topics to ensure we can run what we build.
- Creating and evaluating our architecture and engineering principles so we can build with high quality, fast, and for the long term.
- Influencing the roadmap and having an impact on the product by sharing your expertise.
- Helping other members of the team create their best work.
- Working with great colleagues across disciplines from Design to Product Management.
What tools will you use?
- GitHub (with Co-Pilot!)
- Google Workspace
- You have a product focus. We want to get stuff out the door and into our users hands. That drives us and it should drive you.
- You are our go to backend person. We expect you to have broad technical experience and to have an impact on how the team builds and operates backend services.
- You know your way through AWS and can guide the way. Or maybe you know another Cloud Provider?
- You are open minded. You are confident in getting into new technologies or unknown code bases. You are also willing to look beyond your role and help out where help is needed within the team.
- You are conscientious, used to taking the initiative over receiving directions, and can manage your time and focus.
- You actively seek opportunities to improve yourself, the working process, your team collaboration, and feedback mechanisms.
- You have experience in rapidly introducing incremental change to production systems.
- You are effective in explaining complex topics in English, appropriately tailoring your delivery according to your audience.
- Having experience in setting up data pipelines for data analyses is a plus (using AWS, Python, Jupyter)
- You are interested (having experience is a plus) in smart energy management and HVAC technology.
- Enjoy a remote-friendly and flexible working environment
- Annual Learning & Development budget to thrive your professional and personal development
- Grow individually by learning from your highly-skilled and dedicated colleagues through an open, appreciative feedback culture and regular peer-to-peer training
- Take advantage of company-wide events and traditional 'o clock parties to connect with colleagues and celebrate throughout the year
- Weekly free lunch at the office, a bright & modern working space only 10 mins from Munich Central Station
- Benefit from corporate discounts via "Corporate Benefits"
- For your fitness and work-life balance, we support discounted access to gyms and courses through “EGYM Wellpass”
- 30 days of vacation, subsidized German language courses, and a contribution to the company pension scheme
tado° is an equal opportunity employer and we are striving for a diverse workforce. Thus, we recruit talented individuals based solely on their competencies and skills, without any regard to their race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, belief, disability, or age.