Senior Web App Engineer - Consumer Apps & Services (m/f/d)
Founded in 2011, with the vision of heating & cooling homes more efficiently, tado° has grown into Europe’s leading provider of intelligent climate management. Our elegant Smart Thermostats and innovative digital services guarantee users both a comfortable home and intelligent energy usage.
The ongoing energy transition to renewable energy sources and therefore the electrification of heating (through heat pumps) as well as the transportation sector, bring new exciting challenges in home energy management. Energy consumption needs to match the volatility of renewable energy sources, like wind and solar.
tado° is working on intelligent solutions that help our customers to consume electricity at times when there is more supply from renewable sources, while also helping them to save money on their electricity bills - for a more sustainable future.
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Software Engineer, who wants to be part of a cross-functional team given clear objectives and the autonomy to discover the right solutions. If you want to make a difference, challenge yourself every day, and want to work amongst passionate colleagues that love their products, you're at the right place!
Why work at tado°:
- Work in an empowered and autonomous product team. Our teams have clear and ambitious objectives, minimal dependencies, and the freedom to create outstanding solutions.
- Grow personally by learning from your highly-skilled, dedicated colleagues and through frequent feedback.
- Our way of working is at the forefront of modern agile product development. A good summary of our approach is Inspired by Marty Cagan. We interact with our users continuously, iterate frequently, limit the work in progress, and aim to learn daily how to add value for our customers and our business.
- Join an international team of 200+ people from 42 nations.
- Be part of our journey of driving the energy transition and work on intelligent solutions in home energy management.
We’re taking the next step on our path to being the one place where everyone can manage their energy needs. Together with us you will start a new cross-functional product team within tado° to make our energy tariffs easy to manage and the tariff experience beautifully simple to our customers.
What will your work look like?
- Build the tariff App experience.
- Championing projects within the team.
- Close collaboration with our UX designer, product managers, and other engineers on the team.
- Influencing the roadmap and having an impact on the product by sharing your expertise.
- Helping other members of the team create their best work.
What tools will you use?
- GitHub (with Co-Pilot!)
- Google Workspace
- You have a product focus. We want to get stuff out the door and into our users hands. That drives us and it should drive you.
- You are our go to frontend person. We expect you to have at least 5 years of professional experience in web app development, using technologies such as Angular and Typescript.
- You have a thorough understanding of the whole web app development lifecycle including automated testing, configuring CI pipelines, releasing, and monitoring.
- Experience with cross-platform development is a plus (e.g. working with WebViews / Ionic or similar in a production setting).
- You are open minded. You are confident in getting into new technologies or unknown code bases. You are also willing to look beyond your role and help out where help is needed within the team.
- You are conscientious, used to taking the initiative over receiving directions, and can manage your time and focus.
- You actively seek opportunities to improve yourself, the working process, your team collaboration, and feedback mechanisms.
- You have experience in rapidly introducing incremental change to production systems.
- You are effective in explaining complex topics in English, appropriately tailoring your delivery according to your audience.