Embedded Electronics Engineer (m/f/d)
More than 30% of the global energy is used for heating and cooling of buildings. We believe that this environmental footprint can be reduced significantly by controlling the indoor climate in an intelligent way. Therefore, we develop and sell our smart thermostats and additional services. Now, tado° is the European market leader, being internationally recognized for our unmatched compatibility, our award-winning elegant design, and for being integrated with major smart home platforms.
tado° has a strong and fast-growing consumer business in 20 countries as well as a fast-growing B2B business with significant energy/utility companies as our customers. Founded in 2011 in Munich, there are now over 200 employees - roughly half of whom are engineers - contributing daily to the success of our company. We want to make a difference, challenge ourselves and our business every day, and are looking for new colleagues who are just as passionate about our products as we are.
Watch a video and learn more about our culture at https://apply.workable.com/tado/
Why work at tado°:
- Be part of our international and multicultural team of people from 42 nations
- Contribute to shaping our elegant Smart Home IoT products & services which help the world save energy.
- Be empowered: Rather than telling you what to do, we want you to tell us what to do.
- Grow personally by learning from your highly-skilled, dedicated colleagues and through frequent feedback.
- Follow, promote, and improve our agile, lean development process with a focus on deep understanding of the problem and minimal, but high-quality solutions. We iterate frequently, and limit the work in progress to learn on a daily basis whether we are really adding value for customers and our business.
- Scale with us: Our customer base grows by 50-70% every year. Help us design our processes and services to be ahead of this growth.
Your daily business will involve:
- Conceptualize and validate solutions for electro-mechanical challenges that come with the integration of electronics, sensors and actors in our high volume consumer products, keeping an eye on cost, manufacturability as well as long term stability
- Create schematics and layouts of your solutions that can be prototyped, tested and reviewed together with our interdisciplinary product teams and evolve them to be suitable for mass production
- Help certifying your creation against national and international regulations
- Be the technical contact person for our global component suppliers and help building meaningful long term business relationships
- You are conscientious, used to taking initiative over receiving directions, and can manage your time and focus.
- You are very strong in explaining complex topics in English, appropriately tailoring your delivery according to your audience.
- You actively search for opportunities to improve yourself, the working process, your team collaboration, and feedback mechanisms.
- 3+ years of work experience with solid know-how in embedded electronics development and production processes
- Proficient in working with eCAD systems (Autodesk Eagle, Altium Designer, KiCad, etc.) - schematic and layout
- Experience with versatile electro-mechanical assemblies that can include motors, displays, batteries, sensors, FPCB´s, antennas, buttons, etc.
- Hands-on experience in bringing PCBAs to life (C/C++) and test them against your requirements
- Solid experience in Python is considered a plus
- Ability to reach our Munich site if required
- Enjoy a remote-friendly environment and flexible working from home options across Germany.
- Weekly free lunch at the office, a bright & modern working space only 10 mins from Munich Central Station
- Benefit from our annual Learning & Development budget for your professional and personal development.
- Grow individually by learning from your highly-skilled and dedicated colleagues through an open, appreciative feedback culture and regular peer-to-peer training.
- Take advantage of company-wide events and regular “Beer O’clock” - parties as well as various sport events organized throughout the year.
- For your fitness and work-life balance, we support discounted access to gyms and courses through “EGYM Wellpass”.
- Benefit from corporate discounts.
- We also offer you 30 days of vacation, subsidized German language courses, and a contribution to the company pension scheme.
tado° is an equal opportunity employer and we are striving for a diverse workforce. Thus, we recruit talented individuals based solely on their competencies and skills, without any regard to their race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, belief, disability, or age.