Senior Software Engineer, Embedded Systems (m/f/d)
More than 30% of the global energy is used for heating and cooling buildings. We believe that this environmental footprint can be reduced significantly by controlling the indoor climate in an intelligent way. Therefore, we develop and sell our smart thermostats and additional services. Now, tado° is the European market leader, being internationally recognized for our unmatched compatibility, our award-winning elegant design, and for being integrated with major smart home platforms.
tado° has a strong and fast-growing consumer business in 18 countries as well as a fast-growing B2B business with significant energy companies as our customers. Founded in 2011 in Munich, there are now over 200 employees - roughly half of whom are engineers - contributing daily to the success of our company. We want to make a difference, challenge ourselves and our business every day, and are looking for new colleagues who are just as passionate about our products as we are.
Why work at tado:
- Be part of our international and multicultural team of people from 42 nations
- Contribute to shaping our next generation Smart Home IoT products & services which help the world save energy.
- Be empowered: Rather than telling you what to do, we want you to tell us what to do.
- Grow personally by learning from your highly-skilled and dedicated colleagues and through frequent feedback.
- Follow, promote, and improve our agile, lean development process with a focus on deep understanding of the problem and minimal, but high-quality solutions. We iterate frequently, and limit the work in progress to learn on a daily basis whether we are really adding value for customers and our business.
- Scale with us: Our customer base and number of deployed devices grows by a 50-70% every year. Help us design our processes and devices to be ahead of this growth.
Your daily business will involve:
- Writing and deploying code continuously to millions of connected embedded devices leveraging and enhancing our test-driven development approach
- Automating workflows to enable fast firmware delivery pipelines
- Collaborating on concepts for new product features together with colleagues from other teams from definition up to customer release
- Analyzing and presenting engineering trade-offs and efforts in the light of customer value to stakeholders within the company
- You are very strong in explaining complex topics in English, appropriately tailoring your delivery according to your audience.
- You actively search for opportunities to improve yourself, the working process, your team collaboration, and feedback mechanisms.
- 5+ years experience with Embedded Systems (RTOS)
- Profound knowledge of C and one higher layer language (e.g. Python)
- Experience with RF Technologies (e.g. 802.15.4, LoRa, Thread) is considered a plus
- Ability to reach our Munich lab if required
- Enjoy a remote-friendly environment and flexible home office options across Germany.
- Benefit from our annual Learning & Development budget for your professional and personal development.
- Grow individually by learning from your highly-skilled and dedicated colleagues through an open, appreciative feedback culture and regular peer-to-peer training.
- Take advantage of company-wide events and regular “Beer O’clock” - parties as well as various sport events organized throughout the year.
- For your fitness and work-life balance, we support discounted access to gyms and courses through “qualitrain” and provide admission to health care providers.
- Benefit from corporate discounts.
- We also offer you 30 days of vacation, subsidized German language courses, and a contribution to the company pension scheme.
tado° is an equal opportunity employer and we are striving for a diverse workforce. Thus, we recruit talented individuals based solely on their competencies and skills, without any regard to their race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, belief, disability, or age.