Product Designer (Devices) (m/f/d)
Starting 10 years ago with the vision of heating & cooling homes more efficiently, tado° has grown into Europe’s leading provider of intelligent climate management. Our elegant Smart Thermostats and innovative digital services guarantee users both, a comfortable home and an intelligent usage of energy. Join us to shape how energy is consumed in homes across the globe – for a more sustainable future.
We are looking for a Product Designer to drive the industrial design and on-device UX/UI of our tado° thermostats. You’ll be part of a cross functional team given clear objectives and the autonomy to discover the right solutions.
Why work at tado°
- Work in an empowered and autonomous product team. Our teams have clear and ambitious objectives, minimal dependencies, and the freedom to create amazing solutions.
- Grow personally by learning from your highly-skilled, dedicated colleagues and through frequent feedback.
- Our way of working is at the forefront of modern product development. A good summary of our approach is Inspired by Marty Cagan. We interact with our users continuously, iterate frequently, limit the work in progress and aim to learn on a daily basis how to add value for our customers and our business.
- Join an international team of 180+ people to make a great product even better, scale it to a wider audience and thereby have a positive impact on reducing worldwide energy consumption.
Product Design role at tado°
As a product designer at tado° you'll join a cross-functional product team staffed with a product manager, an engineering manager, an HVAC specialist and on average 3-4 engineers. This is a full time, permanent position.
Your responsibilities will include:
- As a member of the team’s “product trio” (together with the product manager and the engineering manager) you'll drive the discovery and delivery process for upcoming tado° devices.
- Engaging with users on a frequent basis through qualitative and sometimes quantitative research to deeply understand their needs and desires and continuously learn how we can add value.
- Structuring user and market insights into opportunities that drive the desired product outcome, and prioritizing them together with the colleagues in the product trio and the team.
- Taking the lead in generating solutions for those opportunities and setting up lean tests to validate the underlying assumptions.
- Developing the final industrial design, UX and UI of our tado° devices.
- Measuring the impact of solutions after launch and feeding learnings into the following iterations.
- You have thorough experience in involving users in the product development process with both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- You have 1.5 or more years of experience in creating industrial design and digital UX of consumer hardware products.
- You are strong in visualising your ideas and have solid experience in 3D CAD modeling.
- You are experienced in collaborating closely with mechanical engineers to create designs optimised for manufacturing.
- In your previous role(s) you have proven your analytical approach in making evidence based design decisions, testing hypotheses and generating actionable insights.
- You are not a perfectionist but rather evangelise a lean way of working and value frequent user feedback and fast iterations over creating extensive concepts.
- You have excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.
- You have worked in a fast scaling product company within the consumer electronics or Smart Home domain.
- Flexible remote work policy (Please note that this role requires to be based in or around Munich)
- Weekly free lunch at the office, a bright & modern working space only 10 mins from Munich Central Station
- Benefit from our annual Learning & Development budget for your professional and personal development.
- Grow individually by learning from your highly-skilled and dedicated colleagues through an open, appreciative feedback culture and regular peer-to-peer training.
- Take advantage of company-wide events and regular “Beer O’clock” - parties as well as various sport events organized throughout the year.
- For your fitness and work-life balance, we support discounted access to gyms and courses through “EGYM Wellpass”.
- Benefit from corporate discounts.
- We also offer you 30 days of vacation, subsidized German language courses, and a contribution to the company pension scheme.
Interested and want to apply?
Please let us know what motivates you to join tado° and why you think you’d be a good match. Together with your CV please upload a portfolio or share a link to recent product design work examples.
Not 100% convinced yet?
If you have any questions about this position reach out to Chris.Baumann@tado.com