Backend Software Engineer (m/w/d)
Sustainable and affordable energy is more important than ever. aWATTar is the first electricity supplier in Austria and Germany with a “dynamic tariff” that is priced on an hourly basis.
With our innovative electricity tariffs we create not only new saving opportunities for our customers but also more space for solar and wind power in the grid. We have been awarded the “Greenstar(t)” prize of the Austrian Climate Fund. The trend towards electric mobility and electric heat solutions (heat pumps) additionally fuel our growth.
Since the start of 2022 we are a subsidiary of tado°, one of the leading smart energy companies in Europe.
Your daily business will involve:
- Break down a higher-level business requirement (e.g. introduction of the AT Strompreisbremse) and consider its impact on the existing logic of our custom energy billing & CRM system.
- Implement the required changes in TypeScript, using NodeJS, FeatherJS, Kubernetes, and PostgreSQL in the backend and TypeScript and Angular in the internal frontend.
- Get your change reviewed, test the corner cases you figured out on our staging system and deploy it to production.
- Have an open ear for problems and reports of our operations / customer support team to understand closely what bothers our customers.
- Plan and implement improvements to our development process and technical infrastructure, taking into account the business priorities and context.
- Integrate external services and provide APIs used by other services (e.g. of tado°).
- Design, implement and test new product features and services to optimize the use of green energy for our fast growing customer base.