Trace Genomics is looking for an individual who will perform the duties of a Electro-Mechanical Tech in the Production Facility in Ames, Iowa. The successful candidate will work with the existing processes to sustain and continuously improve them during the higher production seasons. During the slower part of the year, the successful candidate will work with the Team to evaluate what areas need to be improved based on the following criteria: Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. This opportunity is ideal for someone who likes to be hands on with the processes and equipment and then turn around and design new features that will improve the processes and equipment while working with the Team to get their input and ownership.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the existing process with a focus on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost:
- Working with the Product Team to eliminate errors and reruns.
- Working with the Production Team to continuously improve the processes and eliminate waste, utilizing Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Supporting the Development Teams:
- Regularly attend joint meetings to share information about production performance.
- Ensure that the processes and equipment that the Development Teams are ready to deploy are ready for production.
- Work with suppliers on specifics for equipment and parts.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in a high-volume, process-focused production facility in agriculture, chemicals, food, or manufacturing industries.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in a Production Facility.
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or equivalent process manufacturing training strongly preferred.
- SolidWorks, PLC programming, and Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Ability to operate independently and with demanding schedules.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, across the team.
Key Personal Attributes include:
Committed to our core values: Customer-Driven, Scientific Integrity, Creative Problem Solving, Diversity & Inclusion, and Fearless Determination
Please note there is no relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.