Wildtype is on a mission to create the cleanest, most sustainable seafood on the planet, starting with sushi-grade salmon. We’re pioneering cellular agriculture to protect wild species and our oceans, and to reverse trends of global food insecurity. Wildtype will provide consumers with a new option for real seafood that provides the same nutritional benefits as the most pristine wild-caught fish, without common contaminants such as mercury, microplastics, antibiotics, or pesticides.
We were founded in 2016 by Aryé Elfenbein, a cardiologist and molecular biologist, and Justin Kolbeck (CEO), a former US diplomat who served in Pakistan and Afghanistan, in an effort to solve one of the world’s biggest problems: how to feed a growing population without stripping the earth of its natural resources and biodiversity. Investors include L Catterton, Jeff Bezos, Spark Capital, CRV, Temasek, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Robert Downey Jr.’s Footprint Coalition, among others.
Come join us in transforming our food system for good!
- Help build the accounting department for a high-growth company.
- Own the day-to-day accounting operations, including general ledger maintenance, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, fixed assets and expense management.
- Responsible for all aspects of inventory and manufacturing accounting
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports, and presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards, regulations, and tax requirements.
- Utilize expertise in NetSuite to optimize the system, maintain accurate financial records, and streamline financial processes.
- Establish accounting policies, processes, and control environment in accordance with US GAAP
- Lead the engagement with external auditors in support of annual audits, and future internal controls testing.
- Support business operations as needed
- Support preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- CPA certification is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in financial management and accounting roles, preferably in the biotechnology or food industry.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience with financial reporting.
- Experience with cost accounting and inventory management in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Must have strong knowledge and experience with NetSuite, including manufacturing and fixed assets modules
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across cross-functional teams and influence decisionmaking.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data and provide strategic insights
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills.
- High energy with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment and adapt to changing priorities. Hold a roll up your sleeves mindset.
Location: This position is an onsite role based in San Francisco.
To learn more about Wildtype and see our newest updates, check out our blog!
Wildtype is committed to building a diverse workplace spanning multiple dimensions including race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, and veteran status.