Senior Vice President, Demand
Wildtype is on a mission to create the cleanest, most sustainable seafood on the planet, starting with sushi-grade salmon. We’re pioneering cellular agriculture to protect wild species and our oceans, and to reverse trends of global food insecurity. Wildtype will provide consumers with a new option for real seafood that provides the same nutritional benefits as the most pristine wild-caught fish, without common contaminants such as mercury, microplastics, antibiotics, or pesticides.
We were founded in 2016 by Aryé Elfenbein, a cardiologist and molecular biologist, and Justin Kolbeck (CEO), a former US diplomat who served in Pakistan and Afghanistan, in an effort to solve one of the world’s biggest problems: how to feed a growing population without stripping the earth of its natural resources and biodiversity. Investors include L Catterton, Jeff Bezos, Spark Capital, CRV, Temasek, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Robert Downey Jr.’s Footprint Coalition, among others.
Come join us in transforming our food system for good!
Your accountability at Wildtype
- Revenue attainment, pricing, customer experience, and sales operations
- Communications and press strategy
- Consumer-facing, strategic partnerships
- Marketing, including brand marketing, trade marketing, and relationships with agencies
What you bring to the table
- A deep connection to our mission
- 10+ years of executive leadership experience with proven track record in revenue attainment
- No ego, but a passion for developing people and teams
- Experience building a high-functioning sales team that has scaled from 1 to 1,000 and the energy reserves needed to do this again
- Passion for building a consumer brand
- Founder mentality: ground up builder who works with unflagging determination and sound judgment
- Exceptional strategic thinker and consumer brand builder
- Comfort with quantitative analysis and data-driven decision making
- Extra credit: background in customer service or hospitality - you know first-hand what constitutes an amazing customer experience
How you’ll interface with other teams
- Provide actionable customer insights to our product development teams and co-develop the vision of the next generation of our products in collaboration with our current and future customers
- Collaborate with the leadership team on brand evolution and messaging, creative expression, content generation, external messaging strategies, and marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with Finance to refine financial models with detailed forecasting for Sales, COGS, trade spend, freight, and marketing
- Collaborate with Operations to ensure we meet exceptional food quality and customer service standards
- Within 1 month you would have completed your rotations with our production, R&D, operations, quality, and product teams. You will have used the insights gained from this experience to shape your initial hypotheses for the Demand team’s organizational structure. You will have worked closely with our Finance group to refine, if necessary, our 2024 and beyond forecasts and sales plan. You will have joined our food service sales lead for at least four sales calls.
- Within 3 months you will have accompanied members of our crew on a large number of sales calls and will lead the development of our sales strategy and support plan for 2024 and beyond. With our retail sales lead, you will define and stand up a best-in-class customer experience for our initial buyers. You will work closely with our VP of Marketing to complete remaining brand work to support launch. You will have assumed responsibility for inbound press response in close coordination with our founders.
- Within 6 months you will have more than tripled our existing customer base and will have line of sight to double it again by your one-year anniversary. You will have hired additional Crewmates needed to execute our 2024 and 2025 sales plans and we will be on track for hitting our 2024 revenue and pricing targets. You will feel comfortable enough with our underlying technology to represent Wildtype alone at public and press events. You will have had enough meetings with prospective customers to provide valuable insight to our product development and R&D teams. You will have built a culture on your team of engagement, fun, and collegiality.
- Within 12 months pending FDA approval, you will have led our crew through Wildtype’s first product launch! Your focus during this period will be on delighting our customers, not just with peerless products, but with unexpected service surprises. Press will be buzzing about the “most exciting food brand since the heyday of the plant-based movement” and our social media channels will be vibrant with content. You will have secured our entire 2024 supply capacity in sales agreements and will be preparing to introduce Wildtype’s next major line of products to the market. Most importantly, our customers will enthusiastically recommend Wildtype to their friends.
Compensation range is listed below, in addition we offer 90th percentile equity + performance-based bonus.
Location: San Francisco, with up to 50% domestic sales travel
To learn more about Wildtype and see our newest updates, check out our blog!
Wildtype is committed to building a diverse workplace spanning multiple dimensions including race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, and veteran status.