Software Engineer - Frontend
At Apeel, we look to nature to help the global food system extend quality, prevent waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
This position will be based onsite at our headquarter office in Goleta, CA (can work hybrid schedule 2-3 days in-office per week)
About this Role
We’re looking for a Software Engineer - Frontend to join Apeel’s growing Software Sciences team. In this role, you’ll help design, develop, test, deploy, monitor and maintain Apeel's Frontend software solutions on a cross-functional scrum team consisting of other frontend and backend software engineers..
The Software Engineer - Frontend will be responsible for enhancing Apeel’s existing software solutions (Apeel Core, RipeTrack) and leading the way with new software solutions (Apeel Plus).
This position will report to the Senior Director of Software Engineering and will be based in Goleta, CA, USA. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What You’ll Do
- Software design, code, test, code review, deploy and monitor Apeel’s Web Applications
What You Bring
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years industry experience (full-time employee)
- Track record of delivering product to market that is actively used
- Experience working with a team of software engineers and a product manager using Agile methodologies
- Enjoy a faced-past environment with deliveries to market every two weeks
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.