At Apeel, we look to nature to help the global food system extend quality, prevent waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
About this role
We are looking for a Financial Accountant who wants to help us to fulfill our mission of working with nature to reduce food waste and create abundance for all. You will be responsible for supporting the timely and accurate delivery of monthly financial statements and satisfying local compliance requirements for a growing global company.
The Financial Accountant's responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting with audit preparations, completing local statutory requirements, and assisting with regional tax responsibilities.
This position is remote with periodic travel required. This position will report to the Senior Finance Manager EMEA and could be based in South Africa, Spain, or UK.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure that financial transactions are recorded accurately, on time and meet the requirements of all internal stakeholders
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliations
- Responsible for the reconciliation of intercompany balances, liaising with other finance teams in the group to ensure both entities have recorded the same balance in their financial records
- Submit audit deliverables in a timely manner and liaise with external auditors to provide information and explanations as required to facilitate the production of an unqualified audit report
- Assist the Group’s tax advisers in producing corporation tax and VAT returns for EMEA entities
- Play an active role in system enhancements and upgrades
- Participate in the development and documentation of accounting policies and procedures
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager in preparing AOP, LRP and monthly financial reports
What You Bring
- 5+ years of general ledger accounting or practice experience
- Chartered Accountant or Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS
- Broad understanding of taxation law especially corporation tax and VAT
- Strong numeracy skills with high level of attention to detail
- Advanced excel skills with desire to improve
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to statutory and other work deadlines
- Ability to work within a creative and learning environment
- Oracle experience
- FloQast experience
- Business proficient Spanish skills
- International company experience
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.