At Apeel, we look to nature to help the global food system extend quality, prevent waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
About this Role
Apeel is looking for a communications leader to drive our commercial communications strategy, trade communications, digital communications and partner communications. Reporting into our Vice President of Marketing and working directly with Apeel business leaders, this individual will be responsible for maximizing global business impact by growing the company’s reputation as a partner in solving problems in our food system with innovative solutions for fresh produce suppliers, grocery retailers and key opinion leaders in the food and sustainability space.
This role will oversee external storytelling in media, partner communication, digital communications, and event strategy and participation. In doing so, they will increase visibility with priority B2B audiences and ensure that Apeel participates in conversations that will advance the perception of the value of our solutions.
The ideal candidate will have experience introducing innovation, influencing decision makers in the food system, and a proven track record of using external communications to drive business goals. This remote position may require up to 10% travel.
What You’ll Do
- Own both proactive and reactive trade media engagement, understanding Apeel’s business priorities, brand story, and industry trends to drive compelling, audience-relevant media coverage
- Develop and implement comprehensive and creative external communications programs with our Marketing team to increase preference for Apeel’s plant-based protection and intelligence solutions through media engagement and strategic event participation
- Help connect key Apeel executives with the industries they serve, leveraging our owned channels, story placement, social media, and speaking opportunities to build their thought-leadership profiles
- Continue to drive Apeel’s affiliation with globally recognized partners and opinion leaders, as well as representation in corporate awards
- Oversee all digital and event planning needs
What You Bring
- A minimum of 7+ years of public relations and external communications experience, preferably in the fresh produce, food technology or grocery industry
- An in depth understanding of the North American and European trade media ecosystem, and experience successfully activating existing relationships within it
- Expertise using traditional and emerging communication tools and channels across geographies
- Strong executive communications experience supporting commercial functions within a growing global organization
- Exceptional writing abilities, including spelling and grammar skills, with an editor’s eye for detail
- A strategic mindset coupled with an eagerness to solve problems
- Team oriented and strong collaborator
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have any need for accommodations, you can let us know if you choose and know that we will do our best to assist you.