Finance Operations Specialist
At Apeel, we look to nature to help the global food system extend quality, prevent waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
About This Role
We are looking for an energetic, self-starter and hands-on Financial Operations Specialist who wants to help us to fulfill our mission of working with nature to reduce food waste and create abundance for all. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the timely and accurate delivery of monthly financial statements and satisfying local compliance requirements for a growing global company.
This role will be based in Valencia, Spain with hybrid working in our office space and will report to the Senior Finance Manager EMEA.
What You’ll Do
- Process vendor invoices in Oracle for multiple entities in the EMEA region. Ensure appropriate GL account, department, location and applicable VAT codes and amounts are included
- Ensure appropriate documentation is attached to invoices
- Follow up on any AP and AR related issues which are holding approvals and payments. Communicate exceptions and recurring issues to management
- Match vendor statements with outstanding balances and unpaid invoices to check for discrepancies
- Perform monthly AP, AR, and Prepayment reconciliations between the GL and subledgers for all EMEA entities
- Prepare monthly accrued expenses analysis for all EMEA entities
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations for all EMEA entities
- Responsible for intercompany balance reconciliation liaising with other finance teams in the group
- Assist the Senior Finance Manager in preparing weekly cash flow forecasts
- Participate in the development and documentation of policies and procedures
- Identify areas for workflow process improvements, provide recommendations and execute on the changes
- Play an dynamic role in system enhancements and upgrades
- Perform other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned
What You Bring
- 5+ years of Accounts Payable and General Ledger accounting experience in EMEA
- Chartered Accountant, Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA) or Bachelor in Business Administration degree
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask in a high paced environment
- Able to work collaboratively or independently: task oriented, getting the work done attitude
- Strong numeracy skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Advanced excel skills with desire to improve
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to statutory and other work deadlines
- Ability to work within a creative and learning environment
- Business proficiency in English and Spanish
- Oracle Fusion Cloud experience
- International company experience
Apeel Sciences Spain SL strongly believes in diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. In our selection processes, we do not tolerate any form of discrimination. We value and promote an inclusive work environment where all people are treated fairly
Apeel Sciences Spain SL cree firmemente en la diversidad, la inclusión y la igualdad de oportunidades. En nuestros procesos de selección, no toleramos ninguna forma de discriminación. Valoramos y promovemos un entorno de trabajo inclusivo donde todas las personas son tratadas con equidad
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have any need for accommodations, you can let us know if you choose and know that we will do our best to assist you.