Deputy Office Manager (Start-up)
Avant is the first cultivated meat company in Greater China and the first cultivated fish company in Asia. Avant’s technology offers a system to produce nutritious, tasty fish and functional marine proteins directly from fish cells at economically viable costs. The group’s end-to-end technology platform also allows continuous new product development from scratch all the way to production. Avant aims to be a global leader in producing traceable and sustainably cultivated proteins in a fully contained environment for food, skincare, and functional applications. Founded in 2018, Avant now has a presence in Singapore and Greater China. Avant has also been awarded Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum and featured in Reuters, Financial Times, TIME, Forbes, The Telegraph, South China Morning Post, and CCTV. For more information, please visit www.avantmeats.com.
The role is suitable for a great team player who is also proactive, driven, results-oriented, a dedicated high performer, and a keen learner. It offers abundant space for personal and professional growth.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience. A Major in Business Administration, Business Management, and Project Management is preferred.
• Administrative or office operation experience; candidates with experience in project management, operation management or event management will be an advantage
• Report initially to the Manager, Operations & Admin and ultimately to the Group Director, Operations & Projects
• Independently oversee the office and laboratory operations in Hong Kong and other locations as assigned.
• Key point of contact for matters related to Administration, Human Resources and IT support
General, Administrative and Office Management
• Provide administrative support to the Hong Kong office and laboratory and coordinate with the Singapore office to support group administrative matters.
• Manage the office and laboratory supplies by monitoring usage levels and replenishing the supplies. Identify preferred vendors and negotiate prices to obtain the best value
• Assist the R&D team to order equipment, materials and lab supplies, monitor the delivery schedule and arrange the logistics
• Coordinate with IT outsourced service provider
• Assist in other ad-hoc tasks as assigned which may include coordinating and arranging meetings, calls, and travels, drafting, issuing, and filing correspondence, and managing documentation
• Manage the Administrative budget which includes monitoring the level of spend against the budget, and proactively exploring opportunities to reduce costs or spending without compromising quality and with sustainability in mind
• Handle government funding applications
Human Resources and Finance Support
· Provide HR support in areas such as scheduling candidate interviews, coordinating new hire onboarding sessions and inducting new hires on implemented processes
· Provide support in HR administrative duties such as but not limited to maintenance of leave and attendance records, new hire pre-onboarding preparations, onboarding and offboarding tasks
· Provide support in organizing employee engagement activities or team building events and any others as assigned
· Work closely with Finance Team to upkeep management accounts on weekly basis, including diligent and accurate book-keeping
· Provide advice and guidance to staff on requisition/procurement
· Handle staff reimbursement process
· Handle MPF, medical insurance, labour insurance and supports on general insurance claims
· Handle payroll and personal tax returns for Hong Kong employees
· Undertake any other projects, duties, and responsibilities as assigned
• Excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Chinese Word Processing and virtual meeting tools (Zoom & MS Teams)
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Strong numerical sense, confident with numbers and managing data
• Possess strong organization skills, a self-starter with strong initiative, and have sensitivity to time-keeping
• Detail-minded, strong sense of responsibility, self-motivated, willing to learn and take up challenges with a “Can-do” attitude.
• Take ownership and are result-oriented. Have the ability to work independently with a proactive approach.
• Excellent integrity and ability to keep confidentiality in the highest priority manner
• Able to multitask and works well in a fast pace dynamic environment
• People-centric, approachable, friendly and patient with helping team members
• Sustainability mission-driven and aligned
• Immediate availability / short notice period is highly preferred
Salary & Benefits:
• 5-day week
• Competitive compensation commensurate with qualifications and experiences
• Performance-based discretionary bonus
• Medical insurance upon satisfactory completion of probation
All applications received will be used exclusively for employment purposes only. Please apply by sending your resume and a cover letter with your current and expected salary and date of availability to us by email to email@example.com.