Day Shipping and Receiving Operator
About Benson Hill
Our Creston Iowa facility is equipped to produce world-class soy meal and oil, as well as food-grade soy white flake, flour, and grits. This amazing facility allows Benson Hill to offer more sustainable ingredients within the broad human food market, which includes plant-based meat, meat extension, bakery, cereal and snack, fermentation, and the pet food market. We are looking for more great people to add to our team.
Why Work at Benson Hill
Great Pay, Annual Bonus, Predictable Day and Night Shifts, Great Benefits, Job Security, Paid Time Off, Career Path, and 401K
Monitors and operates soy processing equipment and assures quality by performing the following duties. The schedule for this position is 6 am to 6 pm. Creston Plant no longer has swing shifts.
Starting wage is 18.10 an hour plus 5% annual bonus.
- Weigh in empty trucks accurately and on a timely basis.
- Load proper product and amount per the Bill of Lading from Inventory.
- Weigh trucks out after loading and record all information accurately.
- Maintain clean work environment in the shipping and receiving areas.
- Fix leaks when noticed and utilizing proper Personal Protective Equipment
- Clean all spills immediately when noticed.
- Operate industrial fork truck/bobcat to load products.
- Take accurate inventories of the bins, silos and warehouse as directed
- Receive and load out of soybeans at the downtown elevator as directed by management
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Basic computer skills, including experience with operating menu driven programs and a computer mouse.
- Valid Driver License
- The position is in a soy processing facility and could involve sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- You are regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- In this role you will frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, stairs, balance stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- You may be required to push, or pull up to 25 pounds, frequently lift, move, push, or pull up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift, move, push, or pull up to 100 pounds, and occasionally push or pull more than 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Something looks off?