Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Department: Plant Maintenance
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
About Benson Hill
Benson Hill empowers innovators to develop more healthy, tasty and sustainable food by unlocking the natural genetic diversity of plants. Benson Hill’s CropOS™ platform combines machine learning and big data with breeding techniques and plant biology to drastically accelerate and simplify the product development process. This platform allows for cost-effective and more efficient ways for companies to analyze and make improvements in plant genetics. Benson Hill brings a unique and holistic approach to our product and platform development, as we span a broader workflow involving trait and seed development, genome editing, and breeding all the way to creating better ingredients and varieties that tap a strong consumer demand for more flavorful and nutritious fruits and vegetables. More information can be found online at www.bensonhill.com. Follow us on Twitter at @BensonHillInc.
Our Purpose and Core Values
Our Core Values are a set of common principles we share that are fundamental to our company’s identity.
- Be Bold! We redefine boundaries by providing new solutions to difficult problems. Together we are driven to transform the future and will not allow the fear of failure to prevent us from innovating. We voice our opinions, embrace change, and challenge each other to think creatively.
- Be Inspired! We have purpose in our work-we are curious, engaged, and have fun. We maintain an active learning mindset and are motivated by diverse people and thoughts. We are energized by all innovators and together we aim to make an impact and contribute to building a better world.
- Be Real! We understand who we are, what we want to achieve, and what it takes to get there. We hold each other accountable through timely, candid, and well-intentioned feedback. Together we engage in honest communication and healthy debate that leads to success through true alignment.
The Ingredient Division establishes and executes the go to market strategy. It is driven to build new markets, establish supply chain capabilities, to manufacture quality ingredients and deliver in a manner that exceeds customer expectations. The team works cross functionally with R&D, Data Science, Food Science and Business Development to ensure that we execute to meet our financial objectives.
Maintain all plant equipment and facilities as needed and as efficiently and timely as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the established maintenance plan and compliance with procedures for maintaining high standards of operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Repairs or replaces plant equipment or systems on a scheduled or emergency basis. Assists with diagnosing and trouble-shooting maintenance related issues.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as required.
- Communicates directly with operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work.
- Assists with new installations and other projects, as requested by the supervisor.
- Participates in safety, health, and environmental programs. Works in a safe manner at all times.
- Knows and understands city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to maintenance and plant equipment, and work in a manner to ensure that these regulations are met at all times.
- Participates in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness. Follow all GMP requirements. Report any food safety or quality issues immediately to a supervisor or member of Quality Assurance.
- Assist all other employees and departments as required for efficient plant operation.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with operating menu driven programs and a computer mouse.
- Must be willing to come in on call 24 hours a day. Must be willing to work overtime when needed (i.e. breakdown, maintenance shutdowns, and be flexible with work hours at these times).
We have a Total Rewards Package at Benson Hill that consists of more than just your paycheck. Total Rewards at Benson Hill covers Pay (salary and bonus), Health (employer benefit contributions) and Wealth (investments). Some of the perks include:
- A Collaborative Environment
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- FREE Dental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave
- And more….
Something looks off?