Sales Account Manager
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
Brightseed is a pioneer in biosciences and artificial intelligence (A.I.) that illuminates nature to restore human health. Brightseed’s proprietary A.I., Forager®, accelerates bioactive discovery, biological validation and ingredient formulation from years to months, rapidly revealing new connections between nature and humanity. Through Forager® and clinical evaluation, Brightseed partners with organizations across the consumer health continuum to offer insight into the world of bioactives and health solutions. Brightseed produces branded, proprietary, clinically proven bioactives that are sold to leading dietary supplement, food & beverage CPG, specialty nutrition and medical food companies for incorporation into health beneficial consumer products. Visit www.brightseedbio.com to learn more.
Bioactives are small molecule compounds produced by plants, fungi, and microbes that are essential for their survival. Bioactives also benefit the health of humans – they are the enlivening caffeine in tea, the powerful antioxidant lycopene in tomatoes or curcumin in turmeric, and they are the active ingredients in medicines like Taxol, aspirin and Metformin Science has long known that bioactives are critical to human health, yet the vast majority remain unknown and uncharted – often referred to as the “dark matter” of nutrition. Brightseed’s A.I., Forager®, discovers bioactives in nature and maps them to human health outcomes at a rate and accuracy that was previously impossible.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The sales team is responsible for bringing bioactive ingredients to our customers and guaranteeing revenue while fulfilling our mission of restoring health through nature. As an Account Manager, you play a pivotal role in executing the company’s strategic growth plans in the CPG and supplements markets. Your responsibilities encompass servicing existing accounts and developing new business to meet sales revenue objectives. This necessitates close collaboration and partnership with key departments, including R&D, Product Management, Food Scientists, Manufacturing, Operations and Product Marketing to ensure a cohesive and integrated approach that aligns with overarching business goals.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
- As Sales Account Manager you will be focused on growing existing house accounts (~40%), building a pipeline of new direct sales accounts (~30%) and managing distributors (~30%) to progress business opportunities and achieve revenue budget and growth targets.
- Use markets/trends to build a strong and sustainable pipeline of opportunities with aggressive conversion rates across diverse industries such as food and beverage, nutraceutical, pet food and dietary supplements marketplaces.
- Collect and analyze data to evaluate, develop and maintain accurate sales forecasts.
- Gather and communicate changes in the marketplace and customer behaviors to guide the business on key learnings which may lead to increased conversions.
- Work independently to solve issues as they arise, engaging the broader team as needed.
- Maintain strong lines of communication to collaborate to deliver results.
- Develop and implement an account plan, present and negotiate commercial offerings based on marketing strategy.
- Develop, manage, and nurture strong working relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and Decision Makers, while staying informed about current and upcoming regulatory compliance requirements.
- Represent Brightseed at industry trade shows and conferences throughout the year by quarterbacking booths, logistics, follow-up etc.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL NEED
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Progressive experience in sales and/or business development for B2B ingredients into dietary supplement and functional food.
- Experience working closely with consumer insights, application scientists, and marketing to identify clear opportunities at market level and customer level.
- Creative and work well under pressure and a healthy dose of ambiguity in a highly technical field.
- Strong interpersonal, influence, communication and presentation skills to represent Brightseed’s value proposition and mission.
- Proven track record of generating new business and exceeding sales targets, showcasing your ability to drive growth and achieve exceptional results.
- Exceptional relationship-building skills, enabling you to cultivate strong and enduring connections with clients, establishing yourself as a trusted partner.
- Experience with HubSpot, Jira and other related business sales tools.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at time.
- Ability to travel 40% - 50% and possession of a valid driving license for conducting business-related travel.
THE BENEFITS YOU’LL ENJOY
As a lab based company, where in person collaboration is key to drive innovation, we encourage all team members to be in our office most days each week. However we appreciate and honor the need and desire for flexibility and have implemented a hybrid working model. We have a fully stocked healthy kitchen, a gym onsite, plenty of free parking, weekly team events and a state-of-the-art lab and office.
We offer a competitive total rewards package with team-first benefits programs for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, unlimited paid time off, life insurance, employee assistance programs, 401(k) plan, a mental health platform, employee discounts, payroll credits for cell phone and commuter costs and a paid parental leave program.
JOIN US, AND BE YOU
We are committed to making transformative discoveries with a team-first mentality. Successful team members are truth-seeking and trusting, with the tenacity required to trail-blaze in uncharted territory. We are a collaborative team that actively seeks input and values differing perspectives. And we produce tangible results, holding ourselves accountable in the process.
We are also committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of connectedness and inclusion. We grow and learn together, respecting professional and personal experiences, areas of expertise, and types of self expression.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that each one of us brings in terms of education, opinions, culture, color, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, different abilities, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Brightseed requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation. If hired we will require you to provide proof of vaccination.