Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Research Triangle Park, Durham, NC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Brightseed is a pioneer in biosciences and artificial intelligence (A.I.) that illuminates nature to restore human health. Brightseed’s proprietary A.I., Forager®, accelerates bioactive discovery, biological validation and ingredient formulation from years to months, rapidly revealing new connections between nature and humanity. Through Forager® and clinical evaluation, Brightseed partners with organizations across the consumer health continuum to offer insight into the world of bioactives and health solutions. Brightseed produces branded, proprietary, clinically proven bioactives that are sold to leading dietary supplement, food & beverage CPG, specialty nutrition and medical food companies for incorporation into health beneficial consumer products. Visit www.brightseedbio.com to learn more.
Bioactives are small molecule compounds produced by plants, fungi, and microbes that are essential for their survival. Bioactives also benefit the health of humans – they are the enlivening caffeine in tea, the powerful antioxidant lycopene in tomatoes or curcumin in turmeric, and they are the active ingredients in medicines like Taxol, aspirin and Metformin Science has long known that bioactives are critical to human health, yet the vast majority remain unknown and uncharted – often referred to as the “dark matter” of nutrition. Brightseed’s A.I., Forager®, discovers bioactives in nature and maps them to human health outcomes at a rate and accuracy that was previously impossible.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for a creative and resourceful executive assistant/office manager to be the supportive force that empowers our North Carolina executive team - proactively managing the work in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment. 80% of your Executive Assistant focus will be supporting our COO and 20% balanced between two additional C-Suite/SVPs. You are excited about building a company together, identifying ways to make the work more efficient and organized for the exec team and the whole company through managing projects, meetings, calendars, travel and personal affairs. You have a track record of being a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. You are a service oriented team member who is enthusiastic about helping wherever needed and is always looking out for the health and happiness of our entire team and office environment. This role will report to our Manager of Business Operations based in our RTP office.
YOUR IMPACT - EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
- Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to our exec team.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient use of executive time.
- Coordinate all travel - open to traveling with the exec team as needed.
- Coordinate meetings - on and off site, and liaise with various business partners, advisors and our Board.
- Process monthly expense reports for COO and RTP leadership.
- Need for flexibility if occasionally help is needed with personal assistant type support for our COO. May include managing appointments, owning the family calendar, event planning, arranging travel with detailed itineraries, purchasing tickets, gifts and running an occasional workday errand.
YOUR IMPACT - OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Oversee general office operations for our growing North Carolina based team.
- Serve as the point of contact to maintain connection between our South San Francisco and RTP teams for consistent culture and office environments.
- Maintain inventory of kitchen and administrative supplies and ensure a clean and secure office space.
- Initiate requests and maintenance tickets to the onsite property management team as well as our internal depts to ensure a safe and efficient office environment.
- Plan and execute company events to include booking venues, ordering catering, and managing guest lists for happy hours, team building and recognition activities, annual meetings, and lunch and learn sessions.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all visitors and stakeholders and coordinate any local visits or expos/career fairs.
- Partner with the People Team to prepare for all new hires.
- Manage daily inbound and outbound packages and check mail.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU WILL NEED
- 4+ years of admin experience in a fast paced, scaling company.
- Proven experience supporting leadership at the VP level or above.
- Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills with great written and oral communication using business knowledge to make effective decisions and solve problems.
- Intermediate level skills with MS Office suite (PowerPoint required) and Google Apps.
- World-class level of work ethic, tenacity, and ambition who demonstrates an even-keel ability to stay calm and flexible under pressure.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion.
- Passion for excellent service, learning new skills/concepts.
- Work autonomously with minimal supervision on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, performing all administrative duties and interacting with our entire team.
- Ability to read and write basic Spanish a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at time.
THE BENEFITS YOU’LL ENJOY
As a lab based company, where in person collaboration is key to drive innovation, we encourage all team members to be in our office most days each week. However we appreciate and honor the need and desire for flexibility and have implemented a hybrid working model. We have a fully stocked healthy kitchen, a gym onsite, plenty of free parking, weekly team events and a state-of-the-art lab and office.
We offer a competitive total rewards package with team-first benefits programs for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, unlimited paid time off, life insurance, employee assistance programs, 401(k) plan, a mental health platform, employee discounts, payroll credits for cell phone and commuter costs and a paid parental leave program.
JOIN US, AND BE YOU
We are committed to making transformative discoveries with a team-first mentality. Successful team members are truth-seeking and trusting, with the tenacity required to trail-blaze in uncharted territory. We are a collaborative team that actively seeks input and values differing perspectives. And we produce tangible results, holding ourselves accountable in the process.
We are also committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of connectedness and inclusion. We grow and learn together, respecting professional and personal experiences, areas of expertise, and types of self expression.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that each one of us brings in terms of education, opinions, culture, color, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, different abilities, sexual orientation and beliefs.
Brightseed requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation. If hired we will require you to provide proof of vaccination.