Technical Grant Writer and IP Specialist
Marketing & Communications, IT, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, March 3, 2023
Brimstone is on a mission to decarbonize the cement industry. The $1 trillion cement market is responsible for 7.5% of carbon emissions annually, with a greenhouse gas impact just behind cars. Founded in 2019, Brimstone developed a breakthrough carbon-negative process that produces the exact same cement and supplementary cementitious materials used today. These materials have the same quality and performance builders have trusted for over 150 years. The key difference: on net, our process takes carbon dioxide out of the air instead of putting it in.
Our team is now scaling up to refine our process further and to build our first production facilities. We’re assembling an all-star team of sharp, mission-driven, collaborative individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to a better world. If you are interested in joining a team of builders, surfers, amateur chefs, podcast junkies, bibliophiles, dog lovers, and car campers who wake up every day excited to work on addressing climate change — we are the company for you! Want to join us in decarbonizing cement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have a blast while doing it).
You Should Join Us If You:
Are passionate and motivated about our mission to fight climate change.
Have an insatiable sense of curiosity and a drive to solve problems.
Thrive in a fast-paced collaborative startup environment.
Want to work with a fun, mission-aligned, and values-oriented team
- Manage the sourcing and identification of new grant opportunities that are available in open solicitations.
- Prepares and writes research grant proposals/applications. Revises and edits drafts as provided by the team.
- Budget development: Develop detailed budgets that align with the proposed project and conform to the funding agency’s requirements.
- Support the internal go/no-go decision to apply for a grant by educating the senior leadership team and other key stakeholders on the requirements of the grant.
- Coordinate grant proposal submissions by developing tasks and timelines, communicating across teams, and gathering necessary resources and documents for grant completion.
- Review proposal submissions for completeness and thoroughness; ensure the company submits responses to all questions before the deadline.
- Organize and manage Brimstone Energy’s grants database.
- Maintain communication regarding active grants with team members and other stakeholders.
- Work with our policy team to apply for incentive programs on the local and state level .
- PhD in chemistry or chemical engineering with experience in heavy industrial chemical processes is required.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be meticulous and detail oriented.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to consistently meet deadlines for complex projects.
- Must be adept at working with multiple stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Must have experience creating, reviewing, editing & formatting documents (e.g., proposals, manuals, presentations, etc.)
- Ability to work with high quality and agility in a time-sensitive environment.
- Preferred track record of winning grants and other funding through written proposals.
Salary Range $120,000-$151,000
Please note that final salary will be determined by candidates skill level and geographic location.
Salary and Benefits
A highly competitive salary
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance is 100% covered for employees and dependents
Mental Health benefits (therapy and counseling costs are 100% covered)
30 days of vacation plus paid time off between Christmas and New Years
11 company holidays
401k Employer contributions
A computer of your choice
Commuter benefits and public transportation expenses are 100% covered
A fun, diverse, and talented team focused on making the biggest impact possible on climate change
Our Commitment to Diversity
Brimstone is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are seeking to build a unique team of individuals and create an environment where all backgrounds and experiences are valued. We credit our success to the different perspectives each team member presents and would never discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or Veteran status.
See more open positions at Brimstone
Something looks off?